7

James' anger was out of his control. He tried to keep it down but the things that were roaming inside his head were vengeful and disgusting. All he wanted in those moments was the assurance that Kara was understanding why he was so angry, that she knew what she had done wrong.

He had gotten busy with work. But at the same time he wanted to make this birthday special for Kara since this was going to be the last time he is at home for her birthday.

He dragged her inside the dusty church, brought her forward harshly before letting her wrist go.

"Why don't you ever listen to me, Kara?" he shouted furiously, "There was only one thing I asked of you and you could not wait fucking few hours before running into Damon's arms like a damsel in distress!"

"I waited the whole day!" Kara shouted while her other hand slipped upon her wrist to caress the hurt area, "It was getting dark. I thought... you were ditching me."

Gritting teeth in anger James took threatening steps towards her, "When have I ever ditched you?"

Kara took deep breaths as tears touched the corners of her eyes. He was such a lier! She could count on her fingers how many times he had ditched her just so he does not have to face her in front of the family.

Yeah, it was weird how they avoided each other in front of their families. There was absolutely nothing romantic going on between them but for some reason there was an unspoken awkwardness between them whenever it was the matter of being seen together in front of their families. And well, James was the king of avoidance whenever it came to the matter of him and Kara being in the same room in front of them.

"You are such a jerk!" she spat, turning around as tears slipped out and storming outside the church.

James was quick to block her path by coming in front of her. His anger was still over the roof, but when his gaze fell upon her upset face, all the anger started to dim.

"Don't cry." He mumbled, reaching a hand out to touch the wrist she was covering with her hand.

Kara stepped back instantly shooting him a furious glare. "Now you are going to teach me what to do when I am hurt?"

James huffed out a frustrated sigh while stomping forward and taking her hand in his, but rather gently. There were marks of his fingers left upon her wrist where he had put is grasp. The hurt that hit him after seeing the marks was unimaginable to hell.

James was moving out of the house tomorrow. To everyone it looked like the grown up shit that everyone needed to do with age. But more than that only he knew the real reason he was moving out of the house.

He needed Kara with himself. He never tried to give any name to their relationship but both of them knew that it was deeper than anything they would ever experience. The words were not needed, at least that is what he thought.

But his need to have Kara all to himself was increasing to the point of insanity each day. The only thing he wanted was to have her to himself. But he also knew that this mad anger of his was a path to destruction when it came to their relationship. No matter what, he did not want to ruin it with Kara. And the only way to do that was to fix himself. Push down his anger issues and make sure that he is perfect as any other man in the world to have Kara in his arms. He wanted a forever with her and this was the only way he found.

Kara tried to snatch her hand back but James pulled her to himself more, closing the distance between their bodies and making sure he was as gentle as feather.

"Sorry." he murmured, caressing the pink marks on her wrist with feather light touch of his fingers.

Kara did not reply to him. When her eyes finally lifted to meet his, James put his hand on her waist and pulled her closer to himself, not leaving any space between them,

"I am sorry for being late." he said gently, forcefully stopping himself from sliding his hand up and claiming her right then and there, "I wanted to make today special for you. I got late."

"Special by hurting me like this?" Kara whispered, looking away from his guilty gaze.

James' hand slid up to engulf Kara's face in his palm before whispering,

"No. Like this."

The words had barely left his mouth before his lips were landing upon her pink ones for the first time. He was finally staking his claim upon her, making her his, and making it clear what exactly their relationship meant to him.