23

"That is not true, Kara." James said softly, and then before he could say anything, the line disconnected and the call ended. Worried, he instantly called back but the phone had turned switched off.

Kara clicked on the screen of her phone repeatedly but it didn't turn back on. Growling in frustration she gulped down the last glass of tequila in front of her and stood up and then instantly stumbled. A guy standing on the bar right beside her tried to grab her but before he could touch her, some else slipped his arms in her waist, holding her possessively close to him.

James pressed Kara against his body and exited the bar without uttering a word. The only thing he was caring about was Kara who was tripping on each step. He was tempted to lift her up in his arms but couldn't as there were too many people around them. So he quietly led her out of the bar and towards the elevator to go back to their suite.

James was holding a swinging Kara from her waist and she was blabbering things about taquila and sleep and Damon in a very sloppy language that he could not understand even a bit.

James watched her trying to press the button to their suite from the past five minutes but she could not do it. Every time she tried to press the button, her finger hit the flat wall instead of the button. And whenever he tried to do it himself or help her, she slapped his hand away and hissed 'don't touch me' in her sloppy language. He had been waiting patiently for her to finish her task but with each passing second Kara's frustration was increasing because of not able to press a damn elevator button, and to the point that she started sobbing. 

James cursed in a low voice under his breath and turned fully to see Kara's moist eyes and running nose. He looked at her helplessly and her gaze was the same.

"I can't do it!" Kara cried.

"Let me do it." James insisted and extended his hand to press the button to their floor, which Kara instantly slapped at and whined, "Don't touch me!"

James cursed again, but this time louder. Kara scrunched her nose and pouted her lips, "Bad word. Don't say that."

"You can say anything and I can not even help you?" James raised his brows. Her drunken self was getting too brave in front of him.

Kara licked her lips and then murmured, "you... you will do something."

"Do what?" James looked at her in confusion.

Kara groaned, "You will put your fingers on me, and then I will feel... ticklish and stuff..." she giggled. James could not stop the smile that formed on his face at her words. Kara stumbled close to him and stood up on her tip toes, signaling at his smile with her index finger with a smile and said, "Now you will do something."

James bent his head a bit lower to get closer to hers and whispered, "Do you still feel something with my touch Kara? Do you still feel me?" His words were plain and soft but the hope and anguish behind them was deep. He wanted to hear from her mouth that she still had not left everything behind completely. That she still loved him.

Kara closed her eyes and put her head on his chest, breathing deeply. James pressed the button of the elevator that would take them straight to the suite. He waited for her answer and she murmured after a few seconds, 

"I used to... hmmm... many years ago."

There was a pause for a few seconds as both of them fell silent. James was lost in his own pain at her words while Kara kept her head resting on his chest. Then she was the one who broke the silence and whispered, 

"I thought I will never feel that way again. But... but when I look at you..." she lifted up her head and stared in his eyes, "I can still feel something... in my tummy. Makes me ticklish when you talk to me and look at me and touch me."

James gave her a half smile. Kara's feet wobbled and her eyes fell shut. She blinked hard to keep them open and whispered, "But mom promised... I did... and Damon was there too."

James looked at her in confusion, but thinking that she was saying nonsense again drunkenly, he did not pay attention. The elevator suddenly dinged, making them aware that they had reached their floor. Kara turned around and looked outside the elevator door, and then finding herself seeing the inside of the suite, she turned her accusation filled glare to James who ignored it completely and walked out of the elevator while grabbing her hand to drag her along.

Kara stumbled behind him while humming something that James could not understand. He suddenly felt a jerk on his hand and when he turned around he found Kara looking towards the window where the night skylight shined with her mouth dropped open. He followed her gaze with confusion and asked, "What?"

She turned her eyes towards him while gulping down saliva and whispered, "Fried chicken."

He stared at her in astonishment for a few seconds then shook his head in amusement with a smile on his face. "I will order some." he assured her and again started pulling her inside the suite towards the room.

She stumbled ahead and fell down on the bed, her feet dangling down while her head rested on the soft surface. James ordered fried chicken from the hotel kitchen. Then he grabbed Kara's legs and pulled the mismatched shoes she was wearing off of her feet. He stood up and fell down right beside her, his legs touching the ground. He turned on his side to face her and then grabbed her waist to pull her body closer to his own, plastering her to himself. His face was mere inches away from her as she silently looked in his eyes, trying to search for something and he did not try to hide anything from her for the first time. She put her hands on his shoulder while his hand slipped more in her waist, pulling her tighter against his chest and lower body.

"I am still waiting for you, Kara." he whispered, "Just look at me once." 

-----

Precap of Next Chapter:::

"You will not leave me, right?" she murmured.

"Not even if you beg me to."

Kara pulled her face back and looked up at him and shook her head softly and said in a slurred tone,

"I am dreaming. When the morning comes, the dream will be over."

---

Please join my P a t r e o n channel and get advanced access to all the chapters. Just search for:

p a t r e o n . c o m / k t i s h 7