Chapter 13- party

「 Camila 」

Harry has been ignoring my calls for three days and I'm quite concerned now. So I'm riding my bike all the way to his place, straight from work.

He better have a good explanation.

I can't be mad at him tho because I don't know what happened.

I lock my bike and knock on his door since I forgot the keys at home.

When no one answers, I knock again.

And again.

Where is he?

"Hey Camila" I hear a voice a behind me and I turn around confused then I see Eli.

"Eli, hey" I smile up at him. He smiles back but then furrows his eyebrows.

"What are you doing here?" he asks, walking closer to me since there was a good distance and he was talking quite loud.

"Well Harry didn't take my calls so I came here. But he isn't home" I laugh at myself, knowing I look dumb.

"He didn't tell you?" he scratches the back of his neck and I frown.

"What?"

"He's in Florida. For a month or two" he informs me making my heart drop.

Oh.

Why didn't he tell me?
Did he just leave?

"No, he didn't tell me" I shake my head, smiling before saying a quick goodbye. About to walk away. He grabs my wrist with his hands, that got a lot of rings. Looking at me with sympathy

"Don't be surprised by his behavior, cara" Eli says gently and I look away. Not wanting his sympathy.

"That's how he is" he goes on.

"But he actually really cares for you, so I'm surprised by his behavior" he laughs at him being surprised and I yank my arm from his grip.

"Bye Eli" I smile, walking back to my bike.

Dad was right.

They leave. They don't stay.

I'm not important to him.

I should've listened to Steph.

I'm so stupid.

I come home, tears streaming down my face and Steph is there, quickly when she hears my sob.

"Camila" she says softly, pulling me into her motherly embrace. Making me let out another sob.

Just what I needed.

After some time she pulls away. She takes me to the kitchen and we sit.

"What's wrong?" she asks, with concern. Almost making me cry again.

He didn't like me at all.

I'm so foolish. Why did I think someone would actually like me, for me?

"He left" I whisper. Not trusting my voice enough to speak out loud, she frowns.

"I'm sorry" she grabs my hands and caresses it with her thumb

"I told you so" she gives me a warm smile and I nod at her. Not wanting to talk at all.

Why would he do that?

"You want coffee?" she asks, looking me in my red puffy eyes.

I don't like coffee. I told her that a million times.