Chapter 23- kids

「 Camila 」

"Hey, James you haven't been to work or responded any of my texts. I'm getting a little bit worried-" I cut myself off with a small laugh. "I just want to make sure you're okay- plus I have-" beep. The phone cuts me off making me groan. I take the phone from my ear and hang up.

Where is he?

This is so weird because the last time I saw him was the party and then... oh.

Harry.

I'll ask him. He's picking me up anyways.

A couple of hours later the door bell rings and I hear Steph yell she got it.

"You look awful today" I hear Steph's voice and then I hear some shuffling before another voice comes out.

"Says you" I hear Harry snicker. "You look like you're wearing a garbage bag" I then hear Steph gasp loudly and I hold back my laugh.

God they're like kids.

I walk out towards them and I see Harry's gaze on me fast and his eyes soften.

"Please just fuck out of here" Steph says before walking to her room and Harry grabs my waist when I'm walking closer to him, so he yanks me to him faster. His eyes goes down to my outfit and he hums, squeezing my waist with his big hands.

"Hi" I smile and his eyes go down to my lips for a second before they flicker to my eyes, giving me a nod.

"Shall we go?" I ask and he hums. But not making a move to go and I giggle quietly.

"Camila?" his voice comes out rough and deep making the butterflies appear rapidly. I look down, not wanting him to see how I react. He trails his finger from my waist, to my breast and under my chin before he lifts my head making me meet his gaze.

"Yes?"

"Let's go" he smirks.

~~

"Can I ask you something?" I turn my body to him, after the movie ends and he turns his head to me furrowing his eyebrows.

"Sure" I try to search for the words that won't make it sound like I'm accusing him. He wouldn't like that

"Do you know- uh, well do you know what happened to James?" I ask, with a small voice. The silence in the room too loud so I don't want to talk too loud and he tenses, not answering.

Does he know something?

"Don't think about it" he tries to brush me off and I frown.

"No, he's my friend, I'm worried" I exclaim and he looks taken back by my sudden outburst, before the glares.

"Worried?" He huffs and I furrow my eyebrows. What does he mean?

"You're worried, huh?" he tilts his head and I begin to play with my fingers looking down.

"Yeah, he's my friend-"

"He's dangerous Camila, for fucks sake" he barks and I flinch at the sudden voice change and I look up at him, his hard eyes already on mine.

"How?" I ask and he sighs rubbing his temples.

"You don't need to know" he looks down at me, shaking his head.

"You can't just say he's dangerous and not tell me why or how" I stand up, crossing my arms. Harry just leans back on the couch and spreads his legs comfortably and calmly.

"Because" he says calmly and I throw my head back groaning. He always does this!

"I'm going-" I start and he stands up fast, his eyes now holding anger.

"No"

"You can't tell me that" I cross my arms. "If you just tell me-"

"No. Go. Come on, that's what you do, you run from your problems" he raises his eyebrows, shrugging and I frown. My chest suddenly feeling empty. What?...

"Just leave" he rolls his eyes and leaves me standing here alone.

Gladly.

No, this is childish.

I think for a second before taking myself to his room, the door half open and I see him coming out from the bathroom. His expression emotionless.

"Harry-" I start walking towards him, but he interrupters me.

"Shut up" I sigh, knowing he's gonna be like this.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you" I start, looking at him to make sure he sees how sincere I'm being.

"Mila, baby, you have to realize I know shit like this and when I say he's dangerous. He. Is. Dangerous" he steps closer to me, cupping my face with his big hands, caressing my cheek with his thumbs as he talks and I nod, giving him a soft smile.

"Do you still want me to leave?" I ask with a small voice, his eyes flicker to my whole face.

If he keeps looking at me he's going to realize how ugly I am.

"Fuck no" he stats and I smile.

~~

Standing in front of James house, I breathe out.

I couldn't help myself.

I raise my knuckles to knock, but stop, lowering. Overthinking. No stop, just do it. Nike.

I get the courage to do it and I knock. Solid three minutes goes by and the door opens with a very pregnant wife and I give her a soft smile. The second she sees it's me she gasps.

"Camila!"

"Miss Myles!"

She laughs a little before her face falls like she remembers something and I clear my throat.

"I was just wondering where James went?" I fiddle with the end of my dress and she looks around, like she's afraid someone is watching us.

"Honey I don't know he just-" she stops her self, taking a deep breath before continuing, "he just disappeared..."

My face falls this time.

No.

"I'm- Miss Myles, I am so sorry" I look at her, not wanting to cry since I know she's felling worse then me. A lot worse.

She gives me a weak smile before muttering a sorry, closing the door and I'm left there processing what I just heard.

I don't wanna think what I'm thinking.

No stop it, Harry didn't do anything.

I decide to go to work since I went here instead of work.

~~

What do you guys think Harry's reaction will be if he finds out she went to his house?

Remember to vote!<3