Chapter 21- apologized

「 Harry 」

"You seriously need to get your shit together" Stephanie crosses her arms and I roll my eyes.

"Where is she? I'm not gonna ask again" I growl, getting annoyed and she scoffs.

"You're treating her so bad, she's had enough of that in her life" she grits her teeth and I frown.

What the hell is she talking about?

"What? Yeah, you. You're not exactly a ideal friend-"

"Shut up Harry. I'm talking about her mother! She literally got abused" she says, but the minute it comes out of her mouth her eyes widen, like she wasn't supposed to tell and I freeze.

What?

That's why she always flinches at sudden movements.

Shit.

"Fuck- shit. You don't know that. You didn't hear it from me- shit, I'm the only one who knows" she whispers the last part, panicking and I raise my hand to stop her from panicking further.

"Shut the fuck up" I snarl and she sighs.

"Where is she?"

"Work" she mutters looking down disappointed in her self. As she should be.

"She doesn't have work on Saturdays" I roll my eyes and she gives me a blank look.

"She got called in, jackass"

I roll my eyes before heading to my car not knowing wether to go to work or go to Mila.

I decide to go to work to finish up some work. I go in there heading to the main office and I see Hans making his way to mine.

Seriously. Can I get a break?

I sit down and Hans looks at me before taking a seat.

"How are ya?" he asks, in the most shittiest Australian accent and I role my eyes. "Rude"

"Get out"

"Damn, what? Did Camila not give you cuddles?" he mock with a pout and I clench my jaw.

"Hans, you're testing my patience" I grit my teeth, leaning back in my seat and he lets out a bark of laughter.

"What patience?" he smirks and I pick up the pen on the desk throwing at him with force, hitting him on the chest making him grab his chest, dramatically screaming.

"I'm hit! Man down. I'm hit!"

"Shut up" I mutter before taking the papers up, taking another pen and he dust himself off narrowing his eyes at me.

I miss Mila.

"God you're so pathetic without her" he rolls his eyes, standing up before giving me a wink and a wave going out of my office.

I really am.

After finishing I check the next case, which will be in Miami. I sigh knowing it'll be a couple of days.

Maybe I should take a break-

My phone starts ringing and I groan. Leave me alone.

I pick up the loud phone and I see Mila's name on the screen and I grin. I'm quick to pick it up only to hear a scream and I pull the phone away, grimacing.

Really?

"Hey, baby" I say softly and I hear some shuffling in the background before her voice comes through.

"Hey, what time are you picking me up?" she asks with a small voice and I remember I promised to take her shopping. I frown looking down at the work on the desk and I sigh.

"What about now?" I ask and she squeals making me smile a little.

"Yes yes, I'll be ready" she hangs up before I get to say goodbye and I shake my head still smiling at her excitement.

At least we're on good terms.

~~

"Mila, you're not buying that" I scold taking the plant out of her hand which makes her scowl. She already has so many.

"It's my money" she tries to take it from me, but fails, she crosses her arm and I smirk.

"Harry" she warns, squinting her eyes at me and I place the plant on its previous spot before taking her hand.

"You're already got so much, darlin'. Where are you going to put all these?" I ask and she looks down at the cart full of plants and bites her lips, thinking.

"I'll figure it out" she brushes me off and I roll my eyes before we continue walking.

"Ihhhh! Look at that plant" she turns her head, looking at some plant, but before she gets to stop up, I throw my arm over her shoulder. Turning her head straight with my palm.

"Shhh" I mutter, we walk to the cashier and I pay for her and she scolds me.

"I told you not to pay for me" I load the bags in the trunk and turn to look at her.

"Thank you" she mumbles looking down at her ice cream.

"Mhm"

"Mila, eat your ice cream before it melts" I nod my head at her and she gives me a thumbs up before going to the passenger seat and I get seated as well.

"Let's go to my place" she takes a big spoon of ice cream in her mouth, looking at me before shaking her head.

"It's late and I have work in the morning-"

"I'll drop you off" I interrupt clenching my jaw and she licks her lips.

"No, can't do"

"Yes"

"No"

"Camila" I warn and she sticks her tongue out at me "put it back in or I'll bite it" her eyes widen and she quickly stops making me smirk.

"Can't sleep over, friends don't do that" she narrows her eyes at me and I turn my head to give her a blank look.

"Eyes on the road mister"

"Mila, I already apologized" I tightening my grip on the steering wheel and she sighs softly.

"That really does not cut what you did" she says softly before finishing her ice cream and I sigh.

I already feel so terrible, but I know I deserve it. I hurt her. Fuck, she won't even let me touch her.

"It's your birthday soon!" she wiggles and I frown.

"How do you know that?" I ask, taking a glance at her and she gives me a smirk.

"I have my resources" she whispers smugly and I shake my head, smiling.

"Has anyone ever told you that your smile is pretty?" she ask, tilting her head and I turn my head rolling my eyes at her before shaking my head and bites her lip.

"I get that" she mutters, holding back a laugh and I throw my head back, laughing making her giggle quietly, looking at me.

"You're annoying" I smirk and she nods her head in agreement.

~~~

So sorry I haven't been updating. But here I am hehe.

Remember to vote!<3