Courage

A/N- I'm tired ngl ugh.

-Third Person P.O.V- 

Peter sighs as he leans back on his chair, his foot tapping continuously on the floor as he thinks about what to do. His homework lay sprawled and forgotten on the table, the pen discarded close by as he thinks. 

He and Harley had been dating now for eight months, and his family still doesn't know. Hell, none of them have even met Harley yet. Although Peter is pretty sure that they all know he isn't straight, he's never felt the need to outright say it. 

He pulled out his phone, going to Harleys contact. 

Peter: Harls, what do we dooooo, I wanna tell them but idk if i can

Harley: Pete, it'll be fine ik you're scared but it'll be ok

Peter: Can you come over, I think it's time :/

Harley: Ofc, love youu

Peter: thank you, love you too

Peter sighed again as he put his phone down. He knew his family wouldn't be annoyed at him, but that doesn't mean he still can't panic at the thought of telling them and them being annoyed at him. There's always a chance that might happen. 

Groaning, he pushes away from his table and stands up, making his way down to the lab where he knows his dad would be. 

Every step he takes towards the lab he thinks of all the outcomes, the good ones, the bad ones, the- the terrible ones. Oh Gods he hopes this doesn't end badly for him. 

Pushing open the lab door he sees his dad working on the suit. Tony looks up when he hears someone enter and smiles when he sees Peter, although it falters slightly as he sees how worried and anxious he looks. 

"Hey kiddo, you doing okay?" Tony asks, placing his tools down and standing before moving closer to his son. 

Peter sends him a smile, although even he knows it was so strained it probably looked more like a grimace. "Hey dad, I- I have something to ask," Peter replies, his voice on edge and full of anxiety. 

Tony can't help the worried frown that forms more deeply on his face as he nods, wondering what it might be that Peter had to say. "Sure kid, what is it?" Tony questions, trying not to let the worry seep into his voice. 

"Would- would you be angry if I didn't tell you something?" Peter asks, his voice quiet and the words mumbled, although Tony hears all the words clearly. 

Tony doesn't reply for a moment, thinking over it. "Well that depends Pete, why do you ask? Is there something you need to tell me?" Tony replies, making sure to keep his answer passive and open. 

"Just- well, I want- I want you to meet someone, and I- I promise I was gonna tell. I just- I just panicked a little," Peter whispered, his hands fiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie- read Harleys hoodie, Tony has been wondering where Peter got it from as it's a few sizes too big on him, but he never got around to it.

Tony's mind begins to work overdrive as he tries to think about who it is he wants him to meet, a few pop to mind but he decides to keep his mouth shut in order to not make Peter panic at all. Instead, he puts a smile on his face while nodding slightly. 

"And when will I be meeting this someone?" He asks, a glint of understanding in his eyes as he b begins to think about just what it is, or more so, who.

"Um, now. Or- or soon," Peter stuttered in reply, sending his dad a small thankful smile. 

Tony nods and walks up beside Peter, ruffling his hair and slinging an arm over his shoulder, pulling him a little against his side. "You didn't have to panic about telling me something, I'm your dad, no matter what I'll support you. And the same goes for all the others, they know if they mess with you they mess with me as well," Tony voices, shaking his head a little. 

Peter huffs a laugh and turns to hug his dad, "I know dad. I just panicked is al." 

Tony hugs back before pulling away, "come on then kiddo. I wanna meet this mystery person." 

-

Peter made his way towards where Harley was waiting, the others didn't know about him and he and his dad had gathered them all so Harley could meet them all. He knows his dad wasn't lying when he said he would still be there for him, but that couldn't stop him from still silently panicking. 

"Hey Petey," Harley said, pulling the younger- by a year- boy into his chest, placing a delicate kiss on his head. 

"Hi Harls," Peter whispered, hugging back tightly.

Harley can't help the smile that falls on his lips as he looks at Peter, "you ready to tell them?" Harley asks in question. 

Peter nods wordlessly, not knowing if he can trust his voice right now. 

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Harley reassures him. 

"No, I- I want to." 

-

They made their way up to the common room, Peter gripping Harleys hand as a way of keeping him grounded. 

The ding of the elevator caught all the avengers attention and everyone looked up, seeing Peter and a boy, hand in hand come walking out. Everyone can't help but smile at the pair, Tony can see Peters worried look and smiles reassuringly, having already guessed what it is. 

"Um guys, this- this is my- my boyfriend. Harley," Peter stutters, holding his breath as he says it. Harley tightens his grip in reassurance. 

Before Peter could even register it, everyone was around the both of them, introducing themselves to Harley and pulling Peter into hugs telling him how they were happy for the both of them. 

"I told you kiddo, no matter what we'll always love you. And I'm proud of you for having the courage, it doesn't matter how long it took because you still said it," Tony spoke, hugging Peter tightly. 

Peter hugs him back just as tight and mumbles, "thanks dad, I love you guys too." 

-

-

-

A/N- And I oop- I have to be awake in like 5 hours oopsie. 
I also hope this one was okay, it took a while for me to get started ngl.

- M xx