The night before Christmas

A/N- MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS, HAVE AN AMAZING DAY (AND IF YOU DON'T CELEBRATE IT I STILL HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY)

Summary- Peter and the avengers have to go on a mission on Christmas eve, but will everyone be home for Christmas? 

-Third Person P.O.V- 

"Fury, I really don't think it's a good idea taking Peter tonight." Tony argues, not wanting his son to be in danger when tomorrow is such a special day. 

Fury sighs while rubbing his face with his hands, he didn't really want Peter to have to go in either, but this was a big mission, and he knew he needed everyone's help to take down this HYDRA base. He would say they could wait, but there has been talk of an attack on Christmas day, and Fury can't let that slide. 

"I'm sorry Stark, but he has to come with you, we need all the help we can get and he is a good fighter." Fury sighs, knowing Stark will be annoyed at him, but also knowing he has no choice. 

Tony scoffs before shaking his head, his expression turning serious, "if anything happens to him-" He cut's himself off with a shake of his head as he storms out of the room. 

All Fury can do is hope nothing happens to the kid, even he would miss him, even though he can be very annoying at times. 

-

"Do I get to come then dad?" Peter asks when he sees Tony step into the living room. 

With a sigh Tony nods and replies, "yeah you do. But you have to promise to be safe and stick with someone the whole time. I don't want anything happening to you." 

Peter nods in understanding and Bucky speaks up, "I'll keep him beside me if you like."

Tony ponders over it for a moment before nodding and giving him a grateful smile, "thanks Bucky."

Peter and Bucky nod and stand up, going to get ready for their mission. Peter was excited and scared, a small part of him whispering that something is going to go wrong. 

But he wasn't going to say anything, he wanted to go, and he wanted to help.

-

Peter and Bucky were trapped at the side of the warehouse, HYDRA soldiers were all around them, and closing in on them. 

Peter and Bucky stood back to back, trying to fend off the soldiers around them, but it was no use, it was a losing battle. 

Peter allows his sense to enhance everything around him, he can see to the left a little window, it's glass is smashed and it might just be able to be an escape route. Just as he had begun to piece it out his dads voice rung out through his ear piece. 

"We've destroyed their weapon, let's go." Tony says, sounding relived to get out of there. He had FRIDAY keeping track of Peter and scanning for injuries and so forth, but so far there was no damage to be concerned about. 

Bucky and Peter look at each other, and Peter can see the fear in his eyes; if a random person had looked in his eyes, they would only see a glare and determination, but Peter could read Bucky well and knew how he actually felt. 

When Peter saw the fear in Bucky's eyes, he knew their situation wasn't good. There were even more people around them, and both of them were growing tired. 

"Guys help." Peter calls out, knowing they have no chance of stopping them. 

All that comes back to him is static and he knows there is no way they actually heard what he said, "K, get help." Peter shouts, trying to fight of multiple men at a time, with Bucky doing the same thing.