Sheikh

Osman left the tent quickly, walking towards Karayel. He lifted up his wrist and peered at the armor. This was the first time Malhun had done his armor, and it was feeling pretty uncomfortable. He noticed that the knots were double tied, instead of loops like how his father always taught him. He sighed and fixed them, then jumped onto Karayel and rode to the training field. "Boran, we are going. I want to go to the New Bazaar today." Boran saw that his Bey wasn't happy but he decided not to bring it up. Osman hadn't been having too much fun since the wedding. Well, maybe it was because of Aybars' death, as that happened right after. However, when Osman told them that Tekfur died, even though he was sad, the brightness returned, just for a moment. Boran decided the sadness was because of marriage. He was never getting married.

As they were riding, Osman Bey noticed some people up ahead. "Hooo! Slow down, Alps." They came to an abrupt stop just as Osman nearly collided with the leader of the group. He saw that in front of him were all dervishes. And leading them was a Hatun. He looked at the Hatun's face and his eyes widened.

"Sen...." It was the nun that saved him and the maid that he saw at Kulucahisar. His eyes twinkled. "Ahh, first you were dressed as a nun, then a maid. Now a Hatun, is that so?" She smiled.

"Come with me, Osman Bey. Trust me. We have someone to meet you."

Osman looked into those dark, big eyes and had to trust her. He told the Alps to stay back, and went along with her. The dervishes also stood back, and it was only them two, riding side by side.

———————————————

Boran watched the two ride off and hopped off of his horse. "You wait here Alps. I am going to go talk to those dervishes." He walked over to a tall, skinny, red-headed dervish.

"Selam Aleykum Dervish. I am Boran Alp. May I ask who you are?"

"Zulfikar Dervish of the Ahis and student of Edebali."

Edebali....He was back. Boran ran back to the Alps and told them the news. They all laughed and hugged each other in excitement. Edebali was a very informational scholar sheikh, and one of Ertugrul Bey's friends. He last came when Boran was about 8 and taught him about fasting. Since then, Boran had his trick of not being hungry while fasting. So he fasted at least twice every month.

———————————————

The Hatun led Osman into the New Bazaar and inside of a shop near the entrance. She pushed a bookshelf and a secret door opened. "Where are you taking me?" Osman Bey asked. "You will see." She replied. He walked down and came face to face with a mosque like room. A man was in the front, doing Dhikr. He looked up and Osman was shocked. It was one of his father's friends. Sheikh Edebali.

The Hatun left and they sat down for a chat. "Who was that lady, Sheikh'm?"

"She is my daughter, Bala Hatun."