Compromise

"Osman..?"

Osman turned around to see the love of his life walking towards him. He smiled at her and greeted her. "Selam Bala'm."

"Osman," Bala was close to tears. It must be from the shock of what stupid Malhun did to her. Osman was about to say something when Bala continued. "Osman..Osman Bey. We can't do this anymore. I really realllllyyyy love you, but look what it has caused. It's dangerous, for me. However, I don't care about that part. I care about the fact that your wife is so jealous and sad that I actually pity her. I know! After what she did...I shouldn't feel remorse. But I do. And that's probably because of the way you treat her. Even if we were to get married, she would still be here. Divorcing her would cause you to lose the respect of people. She would still be here and we would still have to deal with her. Stop being stubborn, Osman. You agreed then, so fulfill your promise to your dad. Get to know her or at least be a bit more kind to her. Don't let her see the fact that you don't like her. Your so clueless. You never know what's running through someone else's head. Stop acting without thinking of how it would affect others. Or...or else WE can't be possible."

And with that, Bala turned around and left, tears running down her face. Osman stood still, taking some time to process her words. Women, he thought, they are reallly weird.

As he walked to the training field, he thought about what Bala said. You never know what's running through someone else's head. That wasn't true. Osman was usually able to think what the enemies were planning so he could take risks. He was always one step ahead of them. But...Osman Bey started to realize what Bala said was true. He wasn't good at reading his loved ones emotions. He couldn't tell Boran was in love with Gonca until Konur said something. He never knew Konur was sad until he confessed about his brother.

Osman always thought that Malhun was just jealous because she was just...well...evil. He thought she was only doing it because she wanted to have rights over others since she was a Bey kizi. Ahhh, Osman thought. Now he was starting to understand. He always thought of everyone as if they were his enemies. As if they always had an evil motive behind them. The only person he thought of as perfectly pure and kind was Bala Hatun.

Oh well. If Osman wanted Bala, he would have to come to an understanding with Malhun Hatun. He didn't have to be equal once Bala was also his wife, he didn't have to be lovey back with Malhun, he didn't have to do icky forehead kisses on her head, but he had to show her respect. Sigh.