The Rest of the Day

"Osmaannnnnnnnnn!!!! Bey'mmmmm!!!!! OSMAN BEY'M!!?!?!" Boran yelled at the doors of the marquee just like Osman told him to. Malhun had plans for the millions of hours that remained of the day, so Osman had a plan too. His plans would take about 200,000 of the million hours he would be spending with Malhun away. At least, that's what his calculations told him.

Boran looked around evilly. He licked his lips and began phase two of the plan. He pushed through the marquee doors and ran around the tent, acting frantic. "Bey'm, where are you!!!???!!!" Malhun turned towards the cloth that separated the main room from the bedroom. She was cleaning up the table, and was about to move onto her next activity with Osman. What did Boran Alp need that was about to take away more of the so little time she had with her husband?

Osman told Boran that he could come into the room. Boran Alp came in, and with his amazing acting skills, said, "Osman Bey, it's- it's Konur!" He acted as if he was out of breath. Well, he kind of was, as he yelled Osman's name pretty loud.

"Neymiş Konur?" Osman said, playing along. Boran replied that he wasn't good and then followed his Bey as he ran to find Konur Alp. Malhun followed as well. Konur might need medical help and she was NOT leaving Osman's side.

Boran led the way to the training field, where Konur was, perfectly fine fighting Dumrul for practice. "Seeee," Boran said, "He really isn't good! Dumrul is so much better. Bey'm, if this continues, Konur will easily be beaten by those weak pathetic Christian knights!"

Ayaz burst into laughter from behind them and Malhun rolled her eyes. But Osman, Konur, and Dumrul all played along.

Dumrul crossed his arms. "Hay hay Boran Alp, are you saying I am like those weak pathetic Crusaders. Maybe I am just toooo strong. Konur is good, I am just better!" Konur looked around blankly for a minute, trying to remember his lines. Then, he gave up and began to improvise. "Hmph! I think I am better than you, Dumrul. Why am I so much closer to Osman Bey than you are?! Because Osman is the best one and his closest friends are the second best ones!"

Dumrul also humphed. "Well maybe I am better than Osman Bey!" Ayaz snorted from behind them. Boran faked a gasp.

"Istaghfirallah, Dumrul!! Osman is better than everyone!" Dumrul pretended to be scared and looked around. "I AM JUST JOKING." He said.

Osman turned to Malhun. "Well, I guess I better calm down my Alps so they don't start fighting. Can you give me some time?"

Osman was so happy. His plan was working. When he was "calming his Alps" he would actually be riding away with Boran and Konur. They would run around the forest hunting for half the day. Knowing Malhun she would probably send Gunduz Bey and Alps to track him, thinking he was kidnapped. Gunduz would tell him to be nice and come back and he sadly would have to listen to his brother's orders. Malhun would then swoop down and hug him in front of everybody, saying she was so happy he was back while he would cringe and try to break away. It would already be evening then and Malhun would prepare food, not knowing Konur and Boran hunted animals and feasted with their Bey. Osman would then pretend he had food poisoning and faint. When Malhun called for the Alps to take him to the healing tent, they would put hot towels on his forehead so Selcan Ana would say he had a fever. He would rest the rest of the day and the next day would be back to work.

And that's what happened. As Osman lay in the bed, pretending he was sick, he said, "Alhamdullillah. Thank you my dear Allah for letting this day be exactly how I wanted it to be. Thank you for making me happy today!"