The Caravansary

Osman had to go to the caravansary to pick up his aunt, Selcan Hatun. He left at dawn and got there a little early. He got ready to sit down at a table and wait when he heard his name being called. By two people. At one voice he cringed and slowly started to turn around. The second voice was beautiful. He turned around and saw that Bala and Malhun Hatun had both called his name. Coincedencial of course.

Malhun Hatun turned to the side as she heard a voice call her Bey. It was that same Hatun: Bala. The one Osman told he loved. The one he also told that he hated Malhun. However, Malhun didn't feel sadness, she felt envy, anger at Bala for going for a man that was already married. Obviously, Osman was the one who went for Bala, but Malhun was too jealous to believe the facts.

Osman looked at Bala with a nod that said, "I will talk later, let me get this over with first." Bala nodded at walked towards Akca Dervish. He grimaced and put on a smile. He knew he should respect the Hatun, and try to actually smile instead of faking one every time, but this was younger Osman. Crazy Osman. He was still under his father's command and didn't have the tribe to lead by himself or to be the Bey of a state. He could still be childish.

"Buyurun Hatun."

Malhun Hatun came up to Osman and took his hand. Osman's eyes widened in surprise and he tried to lean back, away from her. "We were married for 3 weeks," Osman tried to rush and do the math before Malhun could say it. She obviously had this speech ready so it would only take her approximately 2.3 seconds to say the number. Osman did it fast. Yirmi bir, he thought. "That's 21 days, my Osman'm, please, let us have some time together!" Osman sighed. She was going to keep asking, again and again. "Malhun Hatu-" Malhun interrupted him with a stern look. "I will tell my father what you are doing Osman. I will tell your father too. My Baba will not be okay with this and you do NOT want the great warrior Umur Bey and the Kizil Bey tribe to oppose your father when he is in this sick condition."

That's where she got him. He had always seemed to cause trouble for his father when he was young. He didn't want to do it again. So he agreed. He didn't want to agree but it was forced. Malhun walked away followed by her maid, Alaca. Osman sent them to the kitchen to  give donations. Then, he walked up to Bala.

"Osman Bey," Bala Hatun started with a concerned voice, "we shouldn't do this anymore. You have a wife, a Hatun. It isn't appropriate-" Osman held his hand up to her and then said (in that passionate voice he uses to talk about the state he is going to develop) "Bala Hatun, didn't Prophet Ibrahim marry Hajir when he already had Sarah? Didn't the Prophet Muhammed (saw) marry multiple Hatuns after Khadijah (RA) passed?"

Then they were interrupted. "Osman'm!"

"Selcan Yenge!!!"

The aunt and nephew reunited with a big hug. Selcan looked over at Bala and said, "Beautiful daughter, are you the Great Umur Bey's daughter, the wife of my nephew?"

Bala Hatun looked down embarrassed and said, "No, Selcan Hatun. I am Bala, the daughter of Sheikh Edebali." Selcan was overcome with joy and asked Bala to take her to see the Sheikh. Osman looked at the two as they left, happy that his aunt already loved the one he wished to marry.

Then, he sighed, remembering that he had to spend the whole day tomorrow hanging out with Malhun Hatun.