Uh Ew

(Btw, Osman came up with this title, not me)

Osman cracked his knuckles. He stood in front of his tent. Oh hey Malhun my wife, I just wanted to tell you that now I'm going to start loving you but, respectfully, I kinda am not into that physical contact stuff.......well actually I guess I am because I would really like to hold Bala's small and warm hands gently in my huge calloused hands. And oh how I would love to reward that sweet smile with a big kiss on the forehead. Oh and that lovely lovely Hatun. How I would love to set my heart to fire as I trap her into my embrace. 

No no no. That's not right. Osman sighed. He turned around. I can't do this. I CANNOT! But I have to. If I want the love of my life in my life, I have too. He turned back around. He nodded to Baysungur, who was guarding the tent door, and Baysungur opened the door. Osman walked in while biting his lip. Malhun Hatun was sitting on one of the comfy womfy big pillows, and started to get up as he came in. He lifted up his palm and nodded to her to stay down. WOW! He just did the cool thing that his Baba always did. The 'something important is going to be said and you need to sit down to hear it' hand movement. He was really starting to get a hang of this leader grownup look. Osman tried to control himself from jumping up and down at his cool behavior, and walked to the pillow next to Malhun.

Malhun was so surprised. Usually, Osman made sure to sit many pillows away from her, but today he was sitting right next to her. And he gave her a nod that signaled something important was about to be said. He never signaled to her before, let alone with head and hand movements. Oh no, this was it. He was going to divorce her. Ohhhh no. Umur Bey would come and RIP Osman's head off.

Osman looked at Malhun straight into the eyes. Okay, maybe that would be a bit too intimidating. Instead he glanced at her then looked down and patted her hands that probably weren't as amazing as Bala's. Scratch that, were DEFINITELY not as amazing as Bala's.

(Oh no, Osman's about to get his speech voice on)

"Look Malhun. I know our marriage has had a rough start and it definitely did not smooth over when Bala Hatun arrived. I know you must have made many different assumptions, but now I'm going to tell you the REAL truth."

(takes a deep breath)

"I DO love Bala Hatun. The truth is, when I first saw her, my eyes gleamed for the first time. My mouth smiled, my heart lit on fire. I've been through so much in my life, with my mother, best friend, and many more important people dying right in front of me. But just for that second that I laid my eyes on her, I felt as if there was no darkness in the world. I felt......happy. My marriage with you...it wasn't through love, and I need you to understand that. If I don't love someone, how can I be expected to kiss them on the forehead every morning before battle? How can I be expected to run into their embrace as soon as I get back?

But what I also did was wrong. I shouldn't have shut you out. I shouldn't have ignored you. And I especially shouldn't have LIED to you. You deserve everyone's respect for staying with such a mean and disrespectful person for this long. Most of all, you deserve my respect. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I cannot love you or show you love, but I CAN show you respect. And I won't marry or even talk to Bala without your permission."

Osman finished his speech. He personally thought he had done a good job. Boran was certainly a very poetic guy. He put some good effort into writing the speech. Osman was busy contemplating whether he deserved the credit for the amazingness of the speech (because he was the one who had to put the emotion into the words) or if Boran did, when Malhun hugged him.

Osman cringed. He took his hands and lightly pushed her down, telling her to stop. "I- I just can't do this physically contacty stuff with someone who is not Bala Hatun, I'm sorry."

Malhun frowned but quickly grinned again.

"Omg Osman! I thought you were about to divorce me. I thought I was going to have to send my baba and his army to run you and your alps over. At least I will have your respect, then slowly, maybe, your love. But for now, I know I can't keep you away from Bala without you getting depressed, but can you avoid her for a little while? So we can get this whole friendship respect thing down?"

Osman cringed again and scratched the back of his neck. "Uhh, actually she's been the one avoided me so.....no problemo."

And with that, Osman finally found a way to make it work.