Hatun Troubles

The next day, Osman leaves in search of Bala Hatun, who he has not seen since the morning before. Selcan Ana tells him that she went back to the Caravansary to her father. Osman quickly goes there, and has another romantic conversation with Bala.

"Selam Aleykum, Bala'm."

"Ve Aleykum Selam, Osman Bey."

"Please, call me Osman."

"But, isn't that something only family members, friends, and spouses call you?"

"Ugh, I hate when Malhun says it! Like why can't she just call me Osman Bey?!?!"

"Then should I also call you Osman Bey if you like it so much," Bala said with a teasing smile.

"But I love you!" Bala looked down with a blush. "Bala, my moon, I want to ask for your hand. I can send my Selcan Yenge to ask your father." Bala sighed sadly and said, "We cannot do this yet, Osman. My Sheikh and I both do not want to cause your father problems with Umur Bey, especially when he is in this vulnerable situation. My father will say no. We have to be patient."

"As you wish Bala Hatun. But how will I spend all this time away from you?" Osman sighed and Bala laughed her sweet beautiful laugh. "You can wait Osman, you always have."

—————————————

Later that day, Osman went to go save Samsa's village, which was supposedly going to be under attack, according to Boran. They went, and got ambushed by Aybars' killer. "Ah, you gullible Boran," said Konur, "Always believing the enemies you torture. Ah!"

Osman and the Alps get trapped. Each Alp will die a day that Osman doesn't speak of where Sheikh Edebali is. They are in a hard position.

Back in the tribe, Malhun is walking around, looking at the work the tribe merchants have made. She secretly doesn't like it, and thinks that the Kizil Bey tribe would do a much better job, but Osman likes it so she must pretend to as well.

Suddenly, Bala Hatun, along with Gonca and two other Hatuns, come into the tribe. Bala starts walking to the marquee in her cloak that looks so beautiful on her that Malhun gets so jealous. So, of course, Malhun has to say something.

"Bala Hatun...take it slow."

Bala was so confused. Why was the weird Malhun trying to talk to her? Bala guessed Malhun Hatun was trying to roast her, but failing drastically. Malhun walked closer, and continued to talk.

"Your pace races with your cheekiness. You turn up like a bad penny. What a shamelessness!"

Bala answers her, "As you don't know your place, you also don't know the custom. When is a guest dismissed in the custom of the Turks?"

Malhun tries and struggles to come up with a response. "I don't know what to say but...you don't know where your place to stay is! You've come with your cursed feet and caused trouble. Osman'm will DIE because of you! How much more blood do you want to spill? Isn't it enough?"

Bala tsks, "Do you really become an idiot like this in the face of every trouble? It's like you grew up in a castle, not a tribe. Malhun Baci, if you have big dreams, keep your heart strong. So, you don't come down like this in every struggle."

That was it. Malhun raised her hand to give Bala a nice good beat down but, Bala was faster. She grabbed Malhun's arm and took out her knife, putting it against Malhun's cheek.

"If you raise your hand to me again, I'll rip your eyes out!"

Suddenly, Aygul Hatun sees the commotion and runs towards the Hatuns. "Hatunlar!" Bala lets go of Malhun's arm and puts her dagger back into her sheath, but Malhun's arms still stays there. "MALHUN!" Malhun finally lets her arm fall down.

"What's going on in the middle of the tribe?!" Aygul yells. "They've come here, caused us trouble, and now have come to our door without shame, Aygul Baci!" Malhun says.

Aygul Hatun looks around, hoping no one else thinks that as well. "Bala Baci, go to the tent. Selcan Yenge is in there." "Okay, Aygul Hatun."

"What the hell, Malhun?!" Aygul says after Bala leaves. "Osman will not like this. If you love Osman, treat the people he cares about with respect!" And with that, Aygul leaves to the marquee. Malhun stands there, shocked. Everyone knows about Osman and Bala's relationship. And, they support it. Ah, Osman, Ah.