Going too Far

Bala rode Alaca along a river stream. The horse trotted faster and faster as her beautiful voice shouted "Yah! Haydi!" Her scarf whooshed around in the breeze and her dress fluttered back. The breeze was cool, the air warm, the trees were still, the water stream flowing and the birds chirping was all she could hear.

Then, out of nowhere, an arrow comes flying, hitting Bala right in the chest. She falls off Alaca, making Alaca unbalanced, and both go tumbling into the river, shaking, and shaking, until the water consumes them and they fall to the bottom.

Jolt.

Osman wakes up from his dream. He puts his hand on his chest and is breathing hard. He looks up where a little hole is made on the ceiling of his tent, and sees that it's still midnight. He looks over to see that Malhun is gone. Fear rushes through him. The dream was a warning. He quickly jumps out of bed and throws his armour over him, grabbing his sword and dagger on the way out.

Nerdesin Malhun, nerdesin?

He checks the marquee and sees that it is empty. He goes into the next room and also sees that no one is inside. Clothes are spread around like normal but one thing is missing. Malhun's cloak and face covering. Also, her weapons. Osman panics even more. His heart is racing, and he runs out of the tent. He makes a beeline for Gonca Hatun and Bala Hatun's guest tent.

"Destur, Bala Hatun?"

"Bala Hatun??"

He clears his throat and says it louder. "DeStUr BaLa HaTuN?!!"

"DESTUR Bala?"

"Gonca Hatun?"

"May I come in Gonca Hatun?"

"GONCA HATUN?!!"

No one replies. They might be sleeping, or....no, he didn't want to think about that. Well, he couldn't run into their tent as they were women and they could have their scarves off. It would be highly inappropriate. But...

Osman takes off and runs to the other marquee. He opens the door, and hears snores coming from one side. Ah Dundar Emni, you and your weird snores. He runs into the other bedroom and sees Batur sharpening his sword. Aygul sits beside him making some ekmek. Osman knows he isn't on that good terms with Batur right now, but this was an emergency.

"What's the matter, Abi?" Aygul gets up and takes Osman's arm, gesturing for him to sit and talk. However, he shakes his head. Then, he blurts out, "I think Malhun might have done something to Bala Hatun and no one is answering from their tent and I need your help!"

Batur looks confused, but sheathes his sword and gets up. Even though his father and cousin aren't close right now, Osman is still his cousin who he grew up with. Aygul quickly says, "Malhun is really jealous of Bala and I can understand that." Aygul also grabs her sword, then the three of them run to Bala's tent.

"Destur, Bala...Gonca?" Still no answer. Aygul rushes in the tent and Osman paces outside while Batur tries to comfort him.

Aygul sees Gonca on the floor, her headscarf fallen off. She quickly places it back on and then calls the boys to come in. "Gonca is knocked out, Bala is gone."