The Breakfast

Osman was led to the breakfast table by Malhun Hatun. He looked unhappy to see only 2 dishes on the table. One was full of yogurt. Osman never really liked plain yogurt but he didn't want to hurt Ilbilge Hatun's feelings. Osman Bey grew up eating yogurt with all different spices and flavours, the way Hayme Nene made it.

Osman sadly sat down and Malhun opened the second dish. Ooh, halva. Okay, the day was becoming a teensy but less worse. Osman took his spoon and scooped it into the halva. His eyes widened and he choked. What kind of halva was that? It was almost as if there was salt instead of sugar...

Malhun gave him a huge smile and started eating. She tasted the halva and was surprised to see she had messed it up. Oh well...Osman Bey didn't say anything so that must mean he like it. She was always going to make halva like this from now on.

Osman quickly ate the plain yogurt and gulped down the not tasty molasses. A maid Hatun came in and he ushered for the food to be taken away.

"Osman Bey, can I come in?" Osman was relieved to hear Selcan Ana and immediately let her in. Malhun looked down sadly. Selcan Hatun walked in followed by Bala Hatun. "Osman, I just realized I was busy rejoicing with everyone I had forgotten to meet your wife. I have come here now to do so." Osman faked a smile and pointed to Malhun. He said that she was the Great Umur Bey's daughter and Selcan looked over to her.

She didn't really match the vibes that Osman gave off. Maybe the marriage was based more off of personality? "Selam Aleykum Malhun Hatun." Selcan said. "Wa Aleykum Selam. It is a PLEASURE to meet you!" Malhun said, annoyed these Hatuns had interrupted her breakfast with Osman.

Selcan turned to Osman. "Osman'm, " Malhun was shocked that Osman had no problem with his yenge saying his name like that but had a problem when Malhun did. "I am going to head over to Sogut with Bala kizim. We are going to buy some fabrics so I can make my beautiful daughter here some lovely dresses. Gorusuruz."

They left and Malhun was a little jealous Bala Hatun had such a good relationship with Selcan Hatun when they weren't even family. Another day, Malhun would work to be on Osman's family members' good sides. But for now, she had some stuff planned for her day with Osman.