Demon Prince (1)

[Holy Church]

Pedonar's PoV:

The small house was made out of wood. Even the houses in the Demon Continent used cheap durable ores. The one who made this must have been a noob.

I stepped closer towards the small house and just as I was about to touch the door handle, I suddenly felt an ominous foreboding.

Should I stay out of this house?

My intuition told me that I should stay out of this yet why do I badly want to touch the door handle?

Did someone add an array to attract demons like me into touching the door handle to activate whatever array some array master had set?

From the intel that I had gathered, there weren't any array masters in the holy church's people and they were only capable of constructing a barrier, not an array.

It was very unlikely that there was an array master in the heroes' party since they were all too young except for the Elven hero and I doubt that there was someone in their party who had genius talent that would let that person understood the complexity of the array set-up.

It was very unlikely since all of the heroes rely on their cheat abilities.

After all, what made a hero different from common people was their cheat ability, not their personality because even if a hero had fallen to the dark side they would still be called a hero from the perspective of the people of the dark side.

Well, screw it! I'm going to open this and see what will happen.

"I wouldn't open that if I were you."

I switched my attention towards the source of the voice. She was a half-human half-wolf beastman. Her hair was long and it was silver-colored. She wore a black hooded cloak while holding a dagger in both of her hands.

How did she notice my presence? I did the best I could to prevent leaking out my presence including my mana.

"How did yo-"

I was about to ask her but she suddenly interrupted me.

"How did I found out about your presence? Your stealth was child's play so don't sneak in here and boast about your stealth in front of a master who specializes in assassination!"

What? My stealth was considered as child's play? That's insulting my 103 years of staying in this world!

I was known as a genius in terms of demonic magic and I started learning about magic when I was 3 years of age. Now I am 103 so don't tell me she's a prodigy?!

Or what if that she was just bluffing and just had found out about my presence by pure coincidence. If it was then why didn't I noticed her presence?

Now the goblin hero that had led their group wasn't here, now there was another monster? Was this batch of heroes geniuses or my intel was outdated?

"What? Are you pondering on why I am powerful? It's because Axel hogging all the attention that my teammates and I didn't have any time to show our abilities. Despite his arrogance, he is a great leader, mentor, and comrade to have."

As I was about to reply, a half-human half-lion beastman clad in iron-plated armor with a sword on his waist came running towards the half-human half-wolf beastman.

"Sophie! I had attracted an opportunity that will allow me to capture a presence of a certain invader! What's more, was that he was using a spell that allowed him to pass through the barrier and hide his presence!"

"Your late, Zale. I already spotted the invader."

After the beastman who was called 'Sophie' replied to the beastman who was called 'Zale', Zale looked around for a while.