Chapter 41

Huan was on his way back to his apartment after having spent the night at his mom's house following the latest family dinner. It was New Year's Eve morning and for once he had no concrete plans to ring in the new year. Finn and Noah had invited him to ring in the New Year at some club; his aunt and uncle had invited him to their place for a small celebration since his mother would be hosting everyone for Lunar New Year in a few weeks; and he could always do something low-key with Lynne. He liked the idea of ringing in the new year, a start of their adventure into parenthood together.

A smile flitted across his face as he thought of their time together after the gala. When he awoke in a daze the next morning, he felt warm, smooth skin beneath his hands. At some point in the night he and Lynne had gone from just snuggling next to each other on the couch to spooning with a blanket over them both. Lynne was wrapped in his arms and his hands were resting comfortably underneath her shirt on top of her belly.

A few innocent kisses, roaming hands, and mutual grinding against each other led to them naked on his bed a few minutes later. Lynne straddled him, resting her palms on his chest as she rode him slowly. He met each sensual circle of her hips with a responding thrust. The orgasm she drew from him was the best way to start a day in his opinion.

When they finally sat down to breakfast later that morning, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"What was that for?"

"Thank you for letting Mr. Penis come out and play this morning." He let out a loud guffaw at her statement. "You laugh, but I've been alternating between nauseous and horny as all get-out these past couple of weeks. And trying to get myself off in your shower wasn't an appealing thought when I woke up. I also didn't want to have to tell you I needed you to fuck me before I lost my mind. I have a sense of dignity you know. So thank you."

"Well, Lady Lyndy, Mr. Penis is always eager to serve."

"That sounds so wrong," she said, shaking her head as she filled her glass with orange juice.

"Yea, it does. Let's eat and get to the gift giving," he told her with a smirk as he shoveled a forkful of eggs into his mouth.

Huan was brought out of his memory by the sound of his phone ringing. Pulling it out of his pocket he saw the name of his med school roommate, Edgar Hastings, across the screen. Answering, he brought the phone to his ear.

"Eddie, is this finally the call asking me to help you hide a body? I'm ready if you need me."

"Oh Huanny-boy. You know I would never call you, that's too easily traced. Naw. This is a cordial call, not a business call. I haven't heard from you in a while and wondered if you had any plans for tonight? I know it's a bit last minute, but I'm hosting a get together at my place. Originally I was going to one of my girlfriend's friend's places, but a pipe burst and she volunteered my spot. I'm not hosting a bunch of drunk strangers in my humble abode and not inviting those I will enjoy at the same time."

"Your humble abode?" Huan asked skeptically. What Edgar considered a humble abode was a swanky penthouse with a rooftop garden in Nolita worth at least twenty million dollars.

Although he was one of the hardest working doctors Huan knew, his former roommate had a trust fund with more zeros attached to it than Huan would care to think about. Edgar had never lorded it over him or their other roommate, Luis Arroyo, while they were struggling through med school. Quite the contrary, after their first year on campus together, he footed their housing and grocery bill when they moved into an apartment together until they graduated. "We have enough to worry about with passing these classes and the money is just sitting in my account. Might as well put it to good use," he had told them when he initially presented the plan to them and both men were voicing their opposition to not being responsible for paying their share of the rent. Huan would be forever grateful to his buddy.

"Yes, my humble abode. So what of it? You coming or are you working tonight?"

"Nope, I was going to ask Lynne if she wanted to hang out tonight, but I guess I can grace you with my wonderful presence instead."

"Don't you know how to make a guy feel special. Come through after 9. Ooh. Bring Lynne witcha. I haven't seen her in ages."

"I'll see if she's up to it."

"Alright. I gotta go. See you later Huan."

"Bye Eddy."

Once he heard the click signaling the end of the call he pulled up Lynne's contact and dialed. She picked up on the fourth ring.

"Morning."

"Morning. Before I forget, my mom said thank you for the new tea set and the imported teas. Be expecting a gushing phone call from her sometime this week.

"Glad to hear. I saw it at the store and immediately thought of her. But I know you wouldn't be calling me to tell me that. What's up?"

"What yah doing tonight Lynne?"

"Well I had planned on sitting on my couch with a mug of hot chocolate and one of my new books. Lazing around before getting reacquainted with the back of my eyelids. Why?"

"Edgar called and invited me to his place for a NYE party. You want to join me?"

"I haven't seen your old roommate in forever. I do miss his mean ole mug."

"He did ask me to invite you."

The line went silent for a while before she finally said, "he did always throw the best parties. So what time do you want to meet up?"

---

A/N: Don't forget to like, comment, and share!