I Love You

I woke up at around 10am the next morning. It was Valentine's Day! I got out of bed and went over to open the curtains. Looking out the window, I could see Harry and Ginny out on a walk, holding hands. I smiled and began to get dressed.

I wore a nice white dress with blue flowers, my hair was half up half down, curly.

As I opened the bedroom door, I was met with a surprise. Ron was standing there in a shirt and jeans, holding a bouquet of pink flowers. I jumped, throwing my hand over my mouth.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" he exclaimed, handing me the flowers. "Aww Ron! Happy Valentine's Day!" I replied, taking the flowers. I placed them in a vase on Ginny's side table.

I walked back out the door and Ron pulled me closer to him and kissed me. His hands rested on my waist and I placed my hand on his face, running my thumb down his cheek.

We pulled away, our faces still only inches from each other as we grinned at each other.

"Shall we go then?" Ron asked. "Sure" I replied and we head down stairs. He grabbed the picnic basket that was next to the front door and we left.

It was a beautiful sunny day, roasting hot. "So where are we having the picnic then?" I asked, taking his hand. "Oh just you wait and see." I cocked my eyebrow at him slyly and we walked on.

We walked along the lake for about 20 minutes before coming across a huge, cherry blossom tree. I looked at it in awe as Ron watched me. "Ron this is amazing!" I exclaimed as he set up the blanket.

The tree was right next to the river. It was a gorgeous view, the sun glistening across the water.

As I was admiring the scenery, I hadn't even noticed how fast Ron had set up the picnic.

I turned around to see cupcakes and sandwiches laid out on plates, along with lemonade in a flask. My mouth opened in surprise.

"Ron! This looks fantastic!!" I exclaimed. He smirked and patted the space beside him for me to sit down. I sat down and looked around at all the food.

"Did you make all of this yourself?" I asked. "Um yeah I did it this morning while you were still asleep. It's not gonna be as nice as Mum's cooking but I hope you lik-" I interrupted him by kissing him on the lips.

"Ron it's gonna be delicious, thank you" I said. He blushed and smiled at the ground. We sat there for about an hour eating, drinking and talking about anything that came to mind.

We were just finishing off the last bit of lemonade when I felt Ron staring at me. I glanced up at him to see him looking me up and down. "You look beautiful you know" he said, softly stroking my leg.

I could feel butterflies erupting in my stomach with the feel of his soft hand on my leg. "Thank you, you too" I said, gently moving his hair out of his eyes.

He pulled a radio out of the basket and switched it on. The song "O'Children" by Nick Caves was playing. I slyly looked at him and stood up, pulling him up with me. He rolled his eyes smiling as I made him sway side to side with me to the music.

Eventually he got into it, putting his hands on my waist and looking into my eyes. He seemed like he was on the verge of speaking but didn't know what to say. Instead, he just let it go and continued dancing.

He looked so handsome. His soft, red hair blowing slightly in the slight breeze. His bright, blue eyes following mine, whichever way I moved.

Towards the end, I decided to be a bit extra. I let go of one of his hands and stretched so we were both next to each other. I then really quickly span really fast towards him, knocking him over and sending us both onto the floor in a pile of laughter.

He was clutching his chest with laughter as he stood up and pulled me up with him. We stood there doubled over for minutes on end unable to breathe with laughter. "Ron I'm so sorry" I giggled, stepping towards him, wrapping him in a hug. He was still slightly laughing when he said "Bloody hell y/n I love you."

He continued laughing as I slowly pulled away, staring into his eyes, wondering if I had imagined what I had just heard. "W-what did you say?" I stuttered. He thought for a few seconds before the realisation hit. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

He then slowly closed his mouth, took my hand and cleared his throat.

"Y/n" he said, nervously licking his lips.

Is he about to say what I think he's gonna say?

"I love you" he said, looking right into my eyes. My face lit up as I heard those three words. The three words I had been hoping to hear for the last two months.

"Ron" I said, beaming up at him. "I love you too," a huge smile spread across my face. His eyes widened as if he was surprised to hear that. He smiled, letting out a breath of relief.

He pulled me closer, kissing me. My hands pulling his neck closer to me, his hands on my waist, a bit lower than usual.

 After a couple of minutes, we pulled away and smiled, looking at each other lovingly. Eventually we started to laugh.

That felt like a giant weight being lifted off my chest. Ron loves me!

We packed away the empty plates and the blanket. We walked back along the lake hand in hand. I rested my head on Ron's shoulder.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to tell you that" Ron said.

I lifted my head to look at him "Me too" I replied. He cocked his eyebrow, smiling. "Oh really? How long?" he chuckled. "Hmmm" I thought for a moment.                                                                      "Two years?" I giggled, more like a question. His eyes bulged open. "Bloody hell, me too" he chuckled.

We arrived home after taking the long way. 

"Oh hello you two, how was the picnic?" asked Mrs. Weasley as we walked through the front door. "Amazing" I replied, smiling at Ron.

I was over the moon. That day was better than I ever imagined. I was so happy that Ron said it first because I probably would have chickened out. I love him so much!

A/N: Woohoo! I hope your enjoying the story so far and not finding it too cringey! I'd love if you could give me feedback so I know if you like it! <3