eleven

Hello Everyone,

   I've entered this story into Goodnovel's 'The Blessed Wolf' Competition, I know that the book isn't  finished yet but it would mean the world if you guys could support me by dropping a review about the book.

Thank you for supporting me thus far .

I don't know if you guys noticed, but there are some character changes and also a cover change, this will be permanent...I promise..well maybe ;)

▫️

"Jade, pfftt" a voice calls out Jade's name, causing her to break her attention from the pot of sauce she was stirring, she was once again helping out the Omega's to prepare dinner for the pack.

The fresh scent of apples enter her nostril, letting her know that Violet was getting closer.

Turning towards where Jade could feel Violet's presence, she asks, "what is it?!"

Violet looks side to side, checking whether anyone was lingering around the kitchen, thankfully no one was around, so she could freely talk to Jade about what she had been wanting to discuss.

"I've been wanting to talk about the escape plan. I've found out that Adryan has been busy with some pack treaties and business. So it makes it easier for you to escape during the night." Violet whispers, still cautious.

She doesn't want anyone to eavesdrop on their conversation and ending up snitching about their plans to Adryan, who would definitely be livid.

Jade's eyebrows shot up in shock. She hadn't thought she would be able to get out so quickly. She'd thought it would at least take Violet a month to figure out things.

Jade worried that if she stayed any longer, Adryan would be able to tell the difference in her scent. She also felt that she had started showing a bit, but wasn't sure since she couldn't see.

Werewolves developed faster than humans, so does the fetus. Werewolf pregnancies lasted six months at most.

"What is the plan? How am I going to make it out"? Jade asks confused, it all would go to waste if she got caught, and if she did, not only would it be a problem for her but also for Violet for breaking the Alpha's trust and a pack rule by helping Jade escape with their future Alpha / heir.

"I've a plan, I've been keeping an eye out at the pack security at the night time and I managed to find out a few things. Don't worry, I'm going to get you out by tonight." Violet replies reassuringly.

"What time?"

"I will come pick you up at 12:30 at night, be ready and pack your belongings by then, okay?" Violet questions.

Jade nods her head in reply.

A few hours later

"Jade" a voice whispers, causing Jade's head to snap towards the voice.

"Violet?!" Jade questions.

"Yeah, come on. It's time" Jade stands up from her seated position on her bed. She picks up the duffel bag, which Violet had given to her earlier in the day. It had most of her belongings, at least what Violet had brought her to the mall.

Violet also lend her some money, which Jade declined, but Violet was adamant on Jade taking it. Saying that it was the least she could do for her nephew/niece. Hearing this made Jade guilty, Violet wasn't going to be there when she was to give birth. She hated doing this, but it had to be done. She didn't think she could stay any longer.

Jade had thought long and hard about it, many a time she had thought about staying and telling Adryan the truth, but something in her just wouldn't agree with that part of her conscience. In the end, she decided to leave.

She knew for a fact that she would come back in the future, she couldn't keep the child away from his/her rightful place for long. It was just a feeling she had. Her story with Adryan wasn't finished...yet.

"We need to be quiet" both of them walk down the hallway, her mind wanders back to Adryan, worrying if he was in her room. Jade was shocked when she had found out that Adryan and Jade's room was close. Her room was in one corner, while his was in another corner of the Hallway. She never had a reason to go there.

"Where is Adryan?" Jade asked worried. Both of them careful not to make any noise and alert the other asleep pack members.

"Don't worry, he's in his office, which is on the other side of. Next to the pack house. He's busy with his Alpha duties. He probably wouldn't notice that you are missing...for now." That didn't reassure Jade at all. What If he picks upon her scent or if one of the guards saw them?!.

Violet smirked. She might've slipped a bit of sleeping pill into Adryan's water. Hopefully he will take it.

Violet asks Jade to stay behind her as the both of them reach outside. Violet looks from her left to right, seeing no one out, even the guards, she turns back to Jade.

"Jade. It's about 12:30 am now. The guards are on a break from 12:30 am to 12:45 am. That gives you fifteen minutes to escape, shift into your wolf when you reach the pack border. Mask your scent and keep running south, five hours into the run, it will lead you to the main highways, and it would lead you towards a human town. My aunt lives there, so you don't have to worry about the living arrangements. I've told her everything and got it covered." Violet's words make Jade emotional.

Honestly, she didn't know what she did to deserve such a great and helpful friend like Violet. She will forever be thankful to Violet.

Jade pulls Violet into a warm hug, Violet was shocked at first, but eventually hugs her back.

"Thank you so much, Violet, for everything. I'm going to miss you so much." Jade whispers, voice thick with emotion. Probably her pregnancy hormones.

They both pull back from the hug.

"Hey, don't get emotional now. Also, take care of yourself and the young one" placing a hand on Jade's stomach, which already had a small bump growing, only noticeable if you look really closely. "And, don't forget to tell him / her about their awesome aunt Violet" Violet says playfully, causing Jade to let out a small laugh.

"I'll be sure to tell him/her about you." Jade says, causing Violet to smile sadly.

"Go" Violet moves Jade forward a bit, letting her know that it was time.

"By-" Jade starts, but Violet cuts her off.

"No, don't say that. This isn't goodbye, Jade. This is just the beginning of everything. I'll meet you again someday, Jade." Violet says with unshed tears glistening in her eyes.

This didn't feel like a goodbye. She knew someday she will meet Jade again.

"I will see you again, Violet, someday" with that Jade leaves.

Violet watches as Jade's forms disappears into the darkness.

Adryan cracks his stiff neck as he feels the soreness leave his body. He has been sitting in his office for hours, looking through the pack treaties and other Alpha stuff.

This was his second office, which was situated in another one of the buildings. A bit away from the pack house.

Whenever he stops his work, his mind wanders back to Jade and that night from two months ago.

He had been meaning to talk to her, but it seemed like whenever he even thought about approaching her, something or the other needed his attention.

For instance, that morning when he woke up beside her, he had gotten a call from one of the neighboring Alpha's asking for his help. Apparently his pack has been attacked by rogues, and they required immediate medical help and assistance for their injured pack mates among other things.

Even after two months, he wasn't able to approach her. But he had decided now that he was definitely going to talk to her tomorrow. About them. He had realized that he wanted her. No matter of denial on his part was going to change the fact that he needed her by his side, as his Luna, and no one was stopping him.

Feeling thirsty, he sees the bottle of water. He reaches his hand to pick it up. Opening the cap, he was about to take a sip, but something stops him in his actions.

He stills when he smells the addictive scent of strawberries in the air. His eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. The scent seemed to be coming from outside the window situated in his office. That was weird.

Why would her scent be lingering outside?!.

And what was she doing staying up this late in the night?!.

Vince kept nagging at him, asking him to follow her scent.

Standing up from his office chair, he moves towards his open window.

His eyes squint with confusion when his eyes meet the back of a figure, running pass the tree line, a few meters beside his office.

He was able to see a peak of light strawberry blonde hair when the figure turns towards the direction of his window. A Duffel bag clutched in their hands.

The scene that meets his eye makes his wolf and human both go crazy at the same time.

It was her. His mate. Jade.

She was being cautious and alert. Turning back and tilting her head to the side to let her hearing pick up any sound, and that made him realize something.

She was running away. Running away from his pack.

Most of all, running away from him.

Vince growls in his mind, Adryan jumps down the window, not caring since it wasn't going to hurt him much beside earning himself a few scratches. Adding more to the ones already present on his body. But, that was a story for another time.

He instantly minds links the guards that were on duty. Alerting them.

Guards. Towards the borders. NOW.

Jade runs as fast as her legs would take her. So far, she was able to remain undetectable. But she didn't want to take any chances.

She would often turn and try to listen for any noises. Her hearing capability and wolf instincts were the only thing that was going to help her out until she reached the pack borders.

She has been almost running for about ten minutes, feeling the wind whip her hair around. Her legs pumping as she runs fast. It was a matter of few minutes before she was out of the pack.

She keeps running, but the snapping of a twig to her right alerts of someone's presence.

The faint scent of vanilla reaches her nostrils, making her panic. She could feel his wolf running behind her. He was catching up to her.

A deathly growl from behind her lets her confirm her thoughts.

She doesn't stop though, she runs, even when she realizes that no other wolves have joined him. Her lungs burn with the need for oxygen, but that doesn't stop her.

She stumbles over the root of a tree, stopping her fast pace. She almost falls but catches herself at the last minute. This hindrance gave Adryan the advantage of blocking her path by running in front of her.

She could feel his large wolf, that oozed dominance and authority, stand before her. Low growls leaving his throat. She moves back.

She was cornered now. Furthermore, she could feel all of their presence around her. Circling her and preventing her from escaping further.

Her chest heaves up and down with fear and anxiety. It was a chilly night, causing goosebumps to arise on her skin.

She could feel her heart beating inside her chest. Her hands shake.

There is only one way to escape this now. She can't escape them without doing this. She was standing alone against the Alpha and warriors of the most strongest pack in the world. Furthermore, she couldn't take them down.

She takes a deep breath in. Inhaling the scent of nature. Closing her eyes and feeling the energy crackle around her form slowly at first but later on growing.

Adryan's wolf Vince watches in confusion as Jade stands still, closing her eyes.

What was she doing?!

His questions were answered when he feels the air around them shift. The air that was calm until now starts to blow with more force. The wind howling with its force as it circulated around Jade.

He could see the wolf forms of his warriors take a few steps back in apprehension. They hadn't felt or seen something like this before in their life.

Vince keeps his eyes trained on Jade. She opens her eyes after a few seconds. His wolf stills when they see the sight before them.

Shock runs throughout his body, when he realizes something.

No, she couldn't be...

There wasn't one of her kind found in a hundred years...

Unless...

His eyes widen in realization.

Her eyes. Her eyes were glowing. Glowing, a vibrant green color.

Vince was in both awe and felt slight fear at the sight.

He could see her lips move.

Jade whispers under her breath. The words flowing off her tongue like a second language, because it was.

"Tellus testor me vires naturae virtutem illuminativam".

Now the air surrounded her, causing her form to turn blurry, her form was barely visible to Adryan and the others.

Adryan panics when he sees her form disappear.

"Don't let her get away" he mind links the wolves, he feared that she would escape even if he blinked for a second.

The wolves even though apprehensive of her, takes a step forward and just when they enter the circle of air around her, they feel an immense force push them back, sending them flying a few meters back, some wolves colliding into the trees behind them or collapsing onto the ground and falling unconscious.

Adryan's eyes widen in shock further when he sees his unconscious warriors.

Still in wolf form he looks back at Jade, who tries to escape further by running away, taking the advantage of the situation.

Jade manages to escape them, continuing her escape. She runs a few steps only to fall when she feels a body come crashing into her side, thankfully she falls onto her back, making her feel relieved that nothing harm happened to the baby.

Adryan stills, his wolf sniffing Jade's frame. He continues to sniff around her. She still smelled like strawberries, but there was something a bit different, he didn't know why. It was a distinct scent that mixed with hers.

His mind travels back to that mutt. The one she had gone out on a date with. Fury finds him fast when he thought about the possibilities, but Vince knew it was something else.

'She's... pregnant, she's carrying our child'.

Vince's eyes snaps towards Jade, the way she had her head bowed in a guilty motion let him know that she knew, yet she tried running away with his unborn child.

Violet stands up from her crouched position on the ground. She walks backwards, she wasn't far from the pack border, a few more steps, and she was out.

"Stop" Adryan's voice sounds in her mind causing her to freeze in her moments, but she continues walking.

Tears brim her eyes, she hated doing this, but it wasn't like she had another choice. She had to go.

Vince moves towards Jade, trying to get her to stop and stay. He starts whining when she reaches the edge of his pack borders, with one final step she was out. He could feel the bond break a bit, like a tiny crack on the surface.

Vince tries stepping out of the territory but finds himself immobile, he couldn't move beyond the borders of his pack it was as if an invisible force was stopping him from moving, upon realizing the reason behind his dilemma, he looks at Jade.

"Please, don't go" his voice like a whisper in her mind, filled with pain. Vince was panicking, she was getting away.

"I'm sorry" she whispers and with a final snap of her fingers Adryan's wolf form falls unconscious on the ground with a thud.

"I'm so sorry" she whispers into the night and takes off, shifting into her midnight black wolf with white mixed with her fur. The Duffel bag clamped between her jaw.

He knew her secret.

He knew that she was an abomination...

Something that shouldn't exist... at least anymore.

She was a Hybrid.

Half Witch and Half Werewolf.

But he wouldn't remember her secret, nor the real encounter when he and his warriors wake up. She was careful enough to wipe out their memories of the past thirty minutes.

▪️▪️▪️

A surprise update, thankyou for your patience ♥️