thirty eight

(Author's Note: I purposefully slowed down the book, I wanted character development in my main character and I didn't know how to do that other than slowing down the book and taking my time with it. But I assure you the part y'all have been waiting for is coming soon)

 But I assure you the part y'all have been waiting for is coming soon)

Awkwardness

It was something everyone experienced at least once, in their lifetime, everyone present in the room currently felt the same as Jade stood before what she assumed were about fifty wolves sitting on the table, ready to have their morning breakfast. It wasn't the fact that she was joining them for breakfast at the pack house, It was the fact that there was no space left for her and Adonis to sit.

When she entered everyone greeted her, acknowledging her presence, but when her eyes searched for her seat, she was met with a she-wolf already sitting in her seat.

Somehow she wasn't surprised to see that it was Adeena of all people sitting in her place, which was supposed to be on the right side of Adryan, who was sitting at the head of the table.

"Well this is awkward" Brian who sat to the left of Adryan, mumbled under his breath, but it was heard by everyone present in the room, even though he coughed, trying to cover it up. Violet who was sitting next to him, smacks him upside the head.

"Thanks for that, Captain obvious," she says, while Brian rubs the spot she just hit him on.

Finally not being able to take the silence and awkwardness anymore, Adryan stands up from his seat, and wordlessly he leaves the room. Confusing everyone with his actions, Jade still stood in her spot holding Adonis' hand in hers. Malia had excused herself to the kitchen the moment they both entered the pack house.

A few minutes later Adryan re-enters the room, but now with a chair in his hands, when he was about to pass her, one of his hands grabs onto hers, while the other held the chair. He doesn't stop until he reaches his seat, pushing his chair to the side to make space, he places the chair next to his at the head of the table.

He goes to sit on his seat, picking up Adonis with him, making him sit on his lap as Jade too sat at the chair Adryan had brought in for her to sit.

Warmth spreads through her body at his actions. For centuries the tradition was for the Luna of the pack to sit towards the right of the Alpha male, they never sat together at the head of the table. Adryan was breaking this so-called tradition in a way. Pack members looked at each other in shock at their Alpha's actions but they were proud of him nonetheless.

Jade looked towards Adryan and Adonis, who was sitting sideways on Adryan's lap, a smile curving up her lips as she watched Adonis pick the berries Adryan had held for him to take on his palms, stuffing them in his mouth.

"More Dada" Raising his hand up, asking Adryan for more after a few seconds. Adonis had started calling Adryan that a few days ago, and the facial expression on his face was priceless, a mix of happiness and shock, Jade swore that she saw him wipe a few tears away. He had hugged Adonis to himself, which Adonis returned but after not being put down after a few seconds, he trashed in Adryan's arms, pointing his hands at his toy, trying to get away.