fourty six

Flashback (5 years ago)

Jade's eyes felt like someone had clued them together, her head was pounding as she sat up, and she could smell the burnt smell of flesh surrounding her, with people screaming around her, tears slid down her cheeks, she was thankful for the first time in her life for being blind, because she knew that she wouldn't be able to stomach the view around her. Death loomed in the air.

Trying to stand up on her shaky legs, she stumbles but she doesn't fall to the ground like she expected herself to instead she feels someone's touch on her body, their cold hands supporting her body, causing her body to tense up.

"Who are-e you?" She asks, her voice stuttering with fear. Her question is met with silence, and the next instant she's picked up bridal style, she could tell that it was a man as she felt one side of her body pressed onto their hard chest. She feels the person carefully navigate through the aftermath of the fire.

After a few moments, the person stops walking, setting her down, her feet touch the sand, and she realizes that she might be somewhere outside the packhouse. Jade feels the cold air as the night progresses.

"Run" the man says, "and don't ever look back" he finishes.

"But-" Jade starts to question when the man suddenly holds her shoulders in a tight grip, "I said RUN" he stresses the word 'run' before Jade feels him leaving.

————

Staring at his violet-coloured eyes Jade knew the answer. Shaking her head in disbelief, she made a run for it, she didn't know where she was going, and she found herself running past the cages and the huge eerie hallway, as she reached the stairs that led to the store room, her feet halt as she spots a familiar figure standing near the stairs, with a smirk on her face, Bianca starts approaching Jade with slow steps, the sound of her footsteps echoing.

Looking around, Jade looked for a way to get away, only to realize that it was a dead end except for the stairways, just as she looked behind her towards the stairs for a second, she felt a sudden force push her.

"You should've died that night" she hears Bianca whisper before she falls.

Jade's eyes widen as she feels herself being pushed from the top of the stairs, a scream leaves her lips as she feels herself falling. One second she was falling and the next second she felt her back hit a flat surface, lying in the space connecting the stairs.

The metallic scent of blood hung heavy in the air. She feels someone appear beside her in a flash, placing her head on their legs. Jade sees a pair of violet colored eyes for a second and realises that it's Darius, her vision goes in and out of focus, but she is sure that she saw tears in his eyes.

"Jade," he says, his hands coated in her blood. When he sees her closing her eyes and the rhythmic beating of her heart slowing down, he panics.

"Don't close your eyes, Don't close your eyes" he repeats himself as her eyes keep closing, tapping on her cheeks gently to make her stay away, her wounds weren't healing due to her supernatural side being blocked with magic, which Darius was regretting doing so now.

Biting into his wrist with his fangs, he places his bleeding wrist to her mouth, so that his blood would help heal her internal bleeding. Picking her up swiftly, he carries her towards someone who he knows will help him.

———

"Hecante" a deep voice calls out the witch's name, catching her attention as she pauses her potion mixing. Hecante's black eyes take in the familiar woman in his arms who was bleeding really badly and her heartbeat was faint but still there, the same one he had brought to her months ago to block her supernatural side. She had a premonition that things wouldn't end pretty but who was she to say out such things openly, people especially these supernatural beings only learn things the hard way.