twenty eight

1 week later

It had been one week since Jade and Adonis were initiated into the pack and the whole rogue attack went down, since then something around the pack house had changed. Pack members she saw seemed more alert and on edge, she could basically smell it on their scents, everyone has been silent, the usual carefree atmosphere forgotten for the time period. This only made Jade more confused and on edge. This only led her to believe that something serious was happening, and it seemed that everyone else excluding her seemed to know about it.

What further proved her theory was Adryan's absence during the week. He rarely came home, when she had inquired about his where abouts to Violet, she had let Jade know that he was busy with his Alpha duties and was on edge because of the rogue attack. Violet's words only confused Jade more, since she had been with him after she woke up from her unconscious state, Adryan seemed fine in fact he didn't look the least bit worried.

Jade wasn't sure if he had been taking care of himself, she couldn't help herself from worrying about him no matter how much she tried to hold herself back from doing so, she kept wondering if he had eaten anything, or taken a break from his duties and take some rest. Deciding to make something for him to eat she goes into the kitchen, she grabs an apron first then moves to take out the baking dish from one of the shelves, next she takes out the various ingredients she needed, ground beef, onions, garlic Italian sauce, canned tomato sauce, basil among various other things which she places on the counter, once she has her mise en place, she rubs her hands together as the familiar excitement of cooking something for someone spreads throughout her system.

▪️

Jade clutches the sides of the container as she walks towards the pack house. Pack members greet her as she walks past them. Jade hasn't been to the pack house much except the time she first came into the pack, but back then she was blind and couldn't see much of it, but now as the pack house into view, she was astonished by it. It stood tall, spread vastly as trees surrounded the back of it, in the distance, you could see the mountains giving the pack house overall an elegant, and beautiful view.

Jade was busy gazing at the pack house that she hadn't noticed her steps, immediately colliding into another body, her body immediately jolts back in shock, and the container she was holding leaves her grasp, setting off a panic inside her, but before it could hit the ground, someone catches it the last moment.

"Oh My God," She says, her blue eyes meeting a pair of bluish green eyes, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." she immediately explodes into a trail of apologies.

"It's okay, My child" The person waves their hands in a shooing motion.

Jade timidly smiles at the middle-aged woman in apology. The woman smiles back in reassurance. The woman was in a dark blue sundress which complimented her complexion, her brown hair in a bun, and her blue-green eyes sparkling. She looked lively, oozing warmth, which made Jade feel relaxed in her presence.

"Are you okay?" Jade asks, causing the woman to roll her eyes.

"Should I start doing some jumping jacks for you so that you'd stop asking me that again and again?" The woman asks, causing Jade to blush in embarrassment.

"Oh, My" the woman suddenly exclaims, startling Jade.

"WHA-" before she could finish her words, she feels a pair of hands cupping her cheeks, startling Jade further with the sudden change in the woman's manner.

"What is it?" Jade asks the woman with wide eyes, as she examined Jade further. Her blue-green eyes skimmed over her face in thought.

"You remind me of someone back home." the woman releases her hold on Jade, moving back.