twenty nine

A sudden crashing noise from downstairs manages to wake Jade from her sleep immediately. Turning to her right, she finds Adonis sleeping beside her peacefully. Last she checked before she went to sleep, Adryan was still in the pack house working, so the sudden noise made Jade alert.

'Let's go and check it out ourselves,' Kira's voice sounds inside her head, making Jade jump in shock.

Placing a hand on her chest above her fast thumping heart, "God, you scared me Kira." to which Kira just wags her tail from side to side, urging Jade to go downstairs and check what made the noise.

Skeptically Jade decides to do so, just as she was about to open the door to her room, she spots something from her peripheral vision, the light glinting off of its metal body. Turning, she finds a metal baseball bat resting against the wall, her mind clouds with confusion on how it managed to get into her room without her knowledge, but then she vaguely remembered Violet placing it in her room, saying that it was for 'protection'. At that time Jade had laughed and told her how she didn't need a bat for protection when she was a werewolf, she could shift whenever she wanted, but now it seemed to slightly ease her at the thought of having something to use as a weapon if some intruder were to attack her.

Picking up the metal baseball bat, she tip-toed out of her room, careful not to make any noise, she masks her scent so that whatever was present downstairs wouldn't feel her coming.

She holds the baseball bat with both hands, raised in the air so that if something decides to lunge or jump at her suddenly, she could swing at it right away, she was careful to be light on her footsteps, avoiding the steps that might creek under her weight. As she reached the last of them, she heads towards the direction of the kitchen, she felt something was urging her towards that particular direction.

As she entered the kitchen, her eyes skimmed over it, at first glance she didn't notice anything different, everything was in its normal place, she entered further into the kitchen, walking towards the kitchen island, a crunching noise was heard when she stepped on something, she crouches to get a closer look, pieces of glass spread around where she stood, gleaming like diamonds. It seemed like the flower vase that was placed on the island somehow landed on the floor, smashing into pieces, spilling water and the flowers it contained, which were now totally destroyed as a few of them laid in a deformed way like someone had stormed all over it.

She decides to take care of the mess, careful not to hurt herself as she picks up the glass pieces one by one, as she was doing so, she suddenly hears the crunching of glasses as if someone was stepping on them, which causes her to halt in her actions immediately, slowly her head lifts, her eyes raising and meeting a pair of blood-red ones. She lets out a gasp in shock as she immediately discards the glass pieces she was holding and stands up, scrambling back in fright.

Furthermore, she backs up until her back comes in contact with a wall, she watched with wide eyes as the figure stepped forward, causing her breath to hitch as the figure stepped into the part where a small streak of light streamed in through the window on the opposite wall, but it was enough for her to recognize the huge figure. Before the darkness did a good job of concealing his midnight black fur, but now as he stood so close to her, she was partly relieved. Her eyes took in his frame, which was towering over her, his canines protruding out over his lips in a terrifying way, showing off the sharpness of it.

She doesn't know what compelled her to do what she did next, Jade reached her hand forward, placing it on his cheek. Her hands came in contact with his soft fur. It was quite awkward since she had to extend her hand upwards as Adryan's Lycan form towered over her just like he did in his human form since he was standing on his legs, not the way a dog or a werewolf normally does. Lycans especially had the ability to walk like humans, his soft breaths hitting her hair.

He closes his eyes instantly as the spark spreads throughout both of their bodies upon the contact.

"Adryan" she calls him, her voice soft. Upon this, he immediately opens his eyes, blood-red eyes staring at her.

"Not Adryan," he speaks up, his voice was deep and guttural than Adryan's was, startling Jade, and causing her eyes to widen a fraction. His deep voice sent shivers down her spine. Pointing a finger to his chest, he continues, "Vince".

Jade's eyes light up at his words, she understood his words perfectly.

"Vince," she says, watching in bewilderment as a guttural noise of pleasure releases from his lips. He had wanted her to say his Lycan's name.

Suddenly she heard the noise of bone cracking and she watches in awe as Adryan's Lycan side transforms into his human form, his fur side changing to his skin. She cringed at the sound of cracking and popping of bones.

Adryan groans in pain as soon as he transforms, his hands finding the wall to support his body as he panted, his action had led him to cage in Jade's body, her back pressed against the wall. Vincent was a stubborn motherfucker. He gave Adryan a hard time during his transformation, Only a select people knew this wasn't something he wanted everyone to know, since it wasn't common for Alpha to have trouble controlling their shifts. He didn't want anyone in the pack to think this as a weakness of his and get any stupid ideas.

"What happened?" her question made him look at her.

"I-I, I have trouble controlling my Lycan side," he says with great difficulty, he wasn't used to opening up to people or telling them about his trouble, but somehow saying it out loud to Jade lifted some kind of weight off of him.

"Why?" he inhaled in a sharp breath at her question. He knew why Vince was giving him a hard time, it was something his Lycan side gave him hell for.

"He was against how I treated you when we first met" his eyes evading hers, which he knew were staring at him.

Before she could reply to his words, the opening of the front door was heard, which made Adryan straighten. Adryan rushes to where his clothes lay discarded, putting on his sweatpants quickly, he hurries out of the kitchen to check.

"Alpha" his beta and best friend, Brian, greets him as soon as he reaches the living room. Brian's face was grim.

"What is it?" Adryan asks to detect that something has happened for Brian to just barge into his home, Brian knew well not to do so as Adryan liked his privacy.

Jade comes out of the kitchen as well, standing behind a shirtless Adryan.

Brian's eyes move towards Jade for a second before meeting Adryan's.

"Say it" Adryan's voice impatient, he didn't care if Jade heard whatever Brian had to say.

Brian makes him wait for a second before opening his mouth again to reply.

"We found a dead body outside the pack territory" Brian's words make a muscle to tick on Adryan's jaw, Jade gasps lightly as she hears this.

▪️

(Author's Note - I won't be updating for a month. I've been having a short writer's block writing this part of the story so I wanted to take some time and write it, believe me when I say that I've written the next crucial part of the story in November, can't wait to come back and post a bunch of chapters.

See y'all in march!

Till then, take care and stay happy :)

Don't be a silent reader ;)

Vote, comment, and share.

-Naomi