forty one

(A/N : wrote this chapter last november and I'm just posting this now in october. Its almost been a year 😭)

She moans in pain as she sits upright on the bed

She moans in pain as she sits upright on the bed. It took her a few minutes to collect her bearings, at first she thought that someone had struck her hard across the back of her head with a heavy object or something which subjected her to almost seeing stars. It took her a while to recollect her memories, remembering that she was poisoned.

She suspected that the water she had consumed from the bottle most probably had been poisoned.

Lifting her head she stroked the part where her head hurt the most, pressing her fingers lightly onto her temple, she winces as pain immediately flares up. At this point, she couldn't even comprehend if it was physical pain or psychological pain she felt.

A few minutes pass by as she sat on top of the soft mattress, as she lifted her head and took in her surrounding she couldn't tell where she was, or exactly what this place was.

The room was huge, painted a royal blue in colour, and curtains and drapes covered the whole expansion of a wall, possibly to cover the windows and give it a sophisticated look. Small antique-like sculptures and fixtures. Even the furnishing had a sophisticated touch to it, with a high queen-sized bed with a thick comforter and soft plush-like pillows topped off with a canopy giving it a regal look. The lights were dim but bright enough to see her surroundings and not hurt her eyes with its brightness. A huge chandelier hung right on top of the high bed. Everything around her looked like something out of the Victorian era, a place built for Kings and Queens.

Confusion clouds her senses as she places her feet on the ground, getting up from the high bed she woke up in, she looks around confusedly around her. There were two wooden doors with intricate designs climbing up the wood, plus another door; which she was sure led to a built-in closet.

Moving towards one of the wooden doors, she twists the knob, it twists open to reveal a huge bath, just as regal as the room. She manages to get a glimpse of the Jacuzzi but closes the door immediately after since she was looking for something else.

Turning back around she catches the glimpse of a wooden door off to the side, approaching it she grabs a hold of the knob, twisting it down but nothing happens, no clicking open of the door is heard which leads her to panic as she comes to the conclusion that someone had locked the door from outside.

Panic-stricken she tries to turn the metal around again but it still doesn't budge a bit. Running towards the huge windows, she moves the curtains covering them away only to see bars made of steel running horizontally and vertically across them, basically barricading her. Looking outside, she finds darkness spread throughout the expanse of her vision, she was kidnapped during the day, it's probably been a few hours since she's been gone seeing how it was nighttime now.

Now she knew two things, first that someone had kidnapped her on purpose, and secondly, they didn't want her escaping in any way, hence why the windows were barred and doors locked from outside. Why else would a huge, elegant-looking room have barricades in the form of steel bars on the windows?