forty four

A wooden chair flies across the room full force and collides with the wall causing it to break on impact

A wooden chair flies across the room full force and collides with the wall causing it to break on impact. The people in the room gulped with widened eyes, as they watched their Alpha lose his cool.

"What the fuck do you mean that you can't find a single trace of her? how can a person vanish into thin air" Adryan shouts as he faces the pack members of the search team. Adryan was angry and distraught as days passed by. Adryan looked like a mess with his facial hair growing, with dishevelled hair. It's been three months since his mate went missing and so far he has no clue where she is or what happened to her.

"Calm down Adryan, I'm sure we will definitely find her," Brian says, placing a comforting hand on top of one of Adryan's shoulders. Brian motions for the search team members to leave, so that only he, Adryan and Violet were left in the room.

Adryan's shoulders sag in defeat as he takes a seat on his office chairs.

"You know we don't have to search for her like a bunch of idiots when we all know who exactly took her." Violet finally speaks up, her voice sounding tired as she too hasn't gotten much sleep like Adryan. She and Adryan both have been the ones to look after Adonis the most after Jade went missing, who also has been missing his mother, at times it was hard to calm him down and make some excuses about her absence.

Adryan lifts his head at her words, Brian tries to stop Violet from speaking further but she doesn't stop.

"What? why are we ignoring the fact that it was your psychotic half-brother who kidnapped your mate? and rather than trying to find any lead on her, why don't we start by finding out his lair? there's no other place he would take her to."

"I just didn't want to accept the fact that he was back," Adryan says with a faraway look on his face, "I thought that part of my life was over for good years ago, but he's finally back after years when I had finally found my fucking happiness, just to uproot everything and wreak havoc in our lives. Honestly speaking, I don't have a good feeling about what is happening and what the future may hold for us."

There was only one single thought in the minds of all the people present in the room, of the events that unfolded years ago that changed their lives forever.