eighteen

So excited to end this story. I have so much planned already for the sequel, any wait for y'all to read that one.

▪️

She starts walking towards him, wanting to give him a piece of her mind.

Adryan's head turns towards her direction, possibly catching her scent getting stronger as she was headed in his direction. He stands upright from his leaned position before.

"Get in" moving, he opens the back door of the SUV asking her to get in, but she keeps standing on her spot, staring at him emotionlessly.

"Just because I'm coming with you now willingly doesn't mean that I'm not going to fight you. I'll be fighting you on everything, I will make your life a living hell Adryan Romano. You better watch out." She tells him calmly, looking into his eyes and challenging him. She wanted to get the message across to him that even though, she wasn't going to be submissive to his every demand.

Living independently for the past three year taught her lot as a person and a woman in this world.

No one is going to fight your battles for you, you have to fight them alone, and she would make sure that she made him pay for taking her for granted all those years ago.

Instead of asking for help from him or any other wolves who stood by the side watching, she shoulders past him into the opened car, fixing in the car seat for Adonis, buckling in his sleeping figure and gets in herself. Beside him.

She closes the door that was left opened while she did everything, and looks ahead. Not paying any heed to the stare that seemed to burn the side of her face.

.

She could feel his stare on her from her peripheral vision. His gaze moving away from hers after a few moments filled with silence, eventually turning back towards the wolves that surrounded the perimeter of her house, he ordered them to scour the area one last time before leaving himself. Going inside her one story house, coming back outside with her suitcases that she had packed and left at the door.

Even though she didn't look in his direction, somehow she was aware of his actions. She could feel him open the trunk of the car so that he could place her suitcases inside.

Jade's mind wanders back to Scarlett, she couldn't call Scarlett for help, well for one, Scarlett didn't have a phone on her. Believe it or not, Scarlett liked doing things the old school way, that is, she preferred to talk to someone face to face rather than over a device.

The second and last reason being, Jade knew that this day would come eventually, but what she didn't expect was it to be so soon. She knew eventually she would have to take Adonis back to where he belonged. To his pack. It was his birthright, after all.

She heaved a tired sigh, as she feels her body finally give into the tiredness of the day. Her eyes slowly closing, mind drifting into the clouds, the last thing she heard was the closing of the door before sleep cradled her into its arms.

▪️

Adryan closes the door to the SUV, his eyes instantly move towards the rear view mirror to look at her, only to find her sleeping peacefully in the pack seat. One side of her face covered with her light red hair, occasionally moving as puffs of air were softy released from her slightly parted pink lips.

His eyes moving towards the tiny figure slumped on the car seat, sleeping. Midnight black hair covering his whole forehead. Pink lips parted slightly as he breathed. His chest moving up and down rhythmically.

Adryan longed to see the color of his eyes, whether it would be like hers, emerald green shining like a gem under any source of lighting, or like his; blue like the ocean that hits the sea shore.

It was weird, he felt a weird feeling in his chest.

When he had first laid his eyes on her clutching something, or someone in particular, closer to her chest. Hiding him from Adryan's view. Somehow it had immediately clicked in his mind, like remembering an old memory locked in your brain.

He knew that she was holding a child in her arms, specifically theirs. His.

It spread an unknown emotion throughout his body, perhaps the feeling of realizing that he had a child of his own, one about whom he had no idea about, until now.

He had to stop himself from lashing out at her, or perhaps cry tears of joy and sadness at the same time; he did not know.

He knew the child was his, for one he felt his wolf stirring within him and secondly the child carried both his and her scent, vanilla mixed with strawberries.

A pup would carry the scent of his or her parents until they hit puberty, where they oozed a unique scent of their own. One that would help their mate to identify them from the others.

His was ecstatic, still a small part of him ached to hold his child, his son in his arms, but he knew that rushing things wasn't going to get him anywhere.

There were many questions he wanted to ask her, force out of her but doing that weren't going to make her like him anymore, in fact it would just help her and give more reason to stay away from him, which he did not want.

He knew that Jade wasn't a fan of his, not after how poorly he had treated her when they'd first met and afterwards. He knew he messed up and there was a lot to make up for.

Furthermore, he was determined as he looked at two people that meant most to him in very little time, he would do anything to have his family back.

Family.

The term was new to him, because for so long he had no one to call his family, but now he had two people to call his own, his mate and son.

He would give his all to make everything right this time, he was going to win her back. Win them back.

Coming back to the present, he gestures to the wolf who sat in the driver's seat to start the car.

His head turns to the side towards the window, his gaze fixed on the passing scenery, it was still dark outside as the world slept. The vehicle moved through the gravelly road as they started the journey back home.

To his pack, their pack.

▪️▪️▪️

This is a filler chapter. The drama is going to happen in the next few chapters.

- pls vote & comment ❤