twenty six

"Shift back," Adryan says to Vince for what felt like the thousandth time, but the reply he got was unfortunately that of the numerous times he had asked the question or more like ordered.

'Not until she wakes up' came his usual reply.

It's been five hours since everything went down and Jade had been unconscious all this while, Vince was getting worried and paranoid as she wasn't waking up, Hence the reason why he wasn't letting Adryan take back control and he wouldn't until she wakes up and he sees for himself that she was okay.

It was a task on Adryan's part to hold Vince back from taking full control of him, and from attacking the pack doctor and other pack members whenever they took a step in her direction. Vince would immediately growl at them like a rabid dog until they got the message and stepped back.

Thankfully, Blaine, the pack doctor had said that she was just in shock and it would take her some time to wake up.

Vince's huge hulking frame was resting beside the bed she lay on. Kept watching and occasionally stared at her from time to time.

"Quit it" Adryan chides.

'Quit what?'  Vince questions.

"Quit staring at her like an obsessed creep"

'She's our mate, and I can stare at her as much as I want, as long as I want to, Vince snaps back. There were times when Adryan wanted to throttle Vince because he was someone other than Jade, who always talked back and angered him, which is kind of funny. After all, Vince is his other half, his wolf. So basically he was angering himself.

"Stupid Dog," Adryan says annoyed.

'Uptight Asshole' Vince counters back.

"Mu-" before Adryan could insult his wolf back he hears the rustling of covers, his sharp ears immediately picking up the small noise. Vince sits upright on his front paws, hoping for her to wake up any minute.

It isn't until a full minute later that Jade finally wakes up. Opening her eyes and realizing that she was in her room in Adryan's house.

She sits upright with a slight groan. She doesn't notice his presence until Vince decides to whine, causing her head to whip so fast in his direction, he thought she might've twisted it.'

Her eyes widen in horror as her green eyes catch his blood red ones. A gasp leaves her lips and she suddenly scrambles away from the bed in a hurry.

Vince watched as she ran towards the bedroom door, but in her panic, she hadn't realized that she would have to twist the keys below the door knob to open it fully, instead of just twisting the knob. Adryan had done it on purpose because he knew the moment she laid eyes on him that she would run far away from him, he had decided to double lock the door because in her panic she wouldn't think about twisting the keys.

When her attempts came up futile, she rushes towards the door that led to the balcony, only to realize that it was completely locked, she herself had done it so Adonis wouldn't slip away when she wasn't paying attention.

Jade had woken up confused but that immediately turned into fear when she spotted a pair of glowing red eyes staring back at her.

She leans her head on the wooden door, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

"It's okay," she tells herself, she didn't want to risk turning back and thinking about the other person in the room along with her. She had to keep herself from having a panic attack and remain calm.

'I can smell her fear. She's afraid of us.' Vince says, rejection and sadness clear in his voice.

"You need to give me back control, Vince," Adonis says with seriousness.