fourty five

A/N : I'm ending this story within 5-10 chapters so that i could start writing the second  book of this series

It was a quiet day, the wind howled moving the curtains back and forth with its powerful blows, and not soon after it started raining, Jade watched from the window alcove as the first few drops of water dripped down the leaves

It was a quiet day, the wind howled moving the curtains back and forth with its powerful blows, and not soon after it started raining, Jade watched from the window alcove as the first few drops of water dripped down the leaves. It had been almost eight months since she was taken away from the pack. She missed Adonis, Adryan, Violet and everyone from the pack every day. She also often finds herself thinking about the weird mate bond she has with Darius. She has heard stories of werewolves getting second-chance mates, but that was only if they get rejected by their mate or one of them dies, what was even weirder in her case was that she had a mate already and she was a werewolf mated to a vampire.

Feeling her stomach growl from hunger she decides to go down to the kitchen herself. Over the past few months, Jade had built up the courage to do things on her own, at first she was sceptical to go out of her room in fear of encountering a vampire but now she finds the hallways clear whenever she steps out, and she was hundred per cent sure that Darius had something to do with it.

Things were still weird with him, often they'd eat together, and sometimes he would ask her how her day was going or if there was anything she wanted, often she didn't know how to reply to his questions.

There were moments too where she felt a mixture of sadness and pity for him, often she would stare at him, and just find him to be the loneliest person she has ever met. Perhaps that might be one of the reasons why she joins him during meal times, she couldn't help but feel sad imagining him sitting alone in that huge room and table, eating alone by himself.

Jade finishes making herself a sandwich when a sudden blood-curdling scream halts her next motions. She thought it might've been a figment of her imagination until she hears another scream, her ears perking up at the sound, unconsciously her feet start moving on their own accord, following the sound. Walking, her footsteps carry her towards the storehouse which happened to be next to the kitchen, she comes across a wooden door that looked like it had been abandoned, or either locked up. Another small scream catches her attention, trying to twist the knob a few times, and it opens. Spiral staircases greeted her vision. Staring up, it seemed like the spiral stairs were never-ending.

There was a certain time when she couldn't find Darius in the entire mansion, there were times were she tried asking someone and following him, but neither of them helped since whoever she asked to disappeared the next second and Darius always somehow evaded her pursuit. She always had a feeling that he was up to something big, it was just a gut feeling and Jade wanted to find out. Hoping to find answers, she starts to climb the stairs.

 Hoping to find answers, she starts to climb the stairs