thirty three

"Arther?" she replies shakily, her breath uneven.

Her words made Adryan turn back around, his blood red eyes meeting her shocked ones.

Although the look in his eyes made her want to look away she stood her ground, from her peripheral vision she saw Arther trying to break himself free from the guard's hold which caused them to hit him and hold him down further, this obviously caused Adryan's attention, making him look away from her and towards where the guards were holding down Arther, still in the kneeled position.

"Take him to the dungeons," Adryan says causing Jade's mind to turn into complete chaos, she knew what exactly he was going to do with Arther, torture him for days until Adryan got his answers.

"No," She says, catching Adryan's attention immediately, she walks towards where he was standing, she could feel Arther's gaze on her, but she focused her eyes on Adryan's blood-red ones, which were narrowed and trained on her.

"You're not taking him to the dungeons, release him," She says, her eyes flickering with conviction.

Adryan doesn't utter a word for a few moments, "I'm taking him to the dungeons and that's my final decision." he breaks the silence and now starts to move towards where Arther was kneeling on the ground.

"Stand up" he orders, his Lycan's voice peeking through, making it sound more like an Alpha command.

Jade could see Arther try to physically fight himself from giving into Adryan's commands, but it was too much for his weak and battered body to do so, with a pained groan and much effort, he stands u on his wobbly legs, probably numb from being kneeled for quite a while.

"Who is she to you?" Adryan asks him when Arther is fully standing in front of him, his red iris cautious of any sudden movements.

Arther lifts his head up, his honey colored eyes staring at Jade's green ones first, searching her eyes for something, for what she didn't know. Jade was scared because if Adryan knew what Arther was supposed to be to her, she was a hundred per cent sure that he would go berserk.

"I was supposed to be her beta." Arther's words make Jade release the breath she didn't know she was holding. Adryan stares at Arther, trying to analyze or catch any movement that would give away he was lying when he was sure that he wasn't he turns back around, and starts to walk away.

"Take him to the dungeons" he orders the guards. His words cause Jade's relaxed form to go rigid, so much so that she stops him when he was about to walk past her form.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" her voice astringent, "He is my beta, you can't lock him up."

"I'm doing what's necessary, and that is the safety of this pack," he says, bringing his face closer to hers.

"And he 'was' your beta." Adryan says, emphasizing on the 'was' part. "You belong to my pack now, and he can't be a beta if there isn't a pack, to begin with." his last words hit her in the face like a ton of bricks, and for a moment she forgets about her anger, Adryan realizes his mistake after the damage was already done, he watched the sudden expression of pain emerge on her face for a few moments, the same look he had previously seen on her when they first met. A mixture of pain and fear.

Jade steps a few steps back.

"Jade- I" he starts to say, but her words stop him.

"I thought maybe you'd really changed for the better. But you never can." her words were harsh, he had never seen this side of hers ever...she was always so soft-spoken and shy that it shocked him to see her like this...filled with hatred...which was directed at him.

"Jade, we can do this somewhere else..." Adryan trails off, he goes to grab her wrist, but she moves away immediately.

"Why?" she questions him, "Are you ashamed that all these pack members of yours" she points towards the guards, " are going to see their Alpha for what he actually is? " She looks into his eyes, "You're the same asshole I met that night three years ago." She wanted to say more, but she stops herself. She wanted to call him out for the way he treated her, the way he was unfaithful to her by sleeping with someone else...but she didn't because she knew that she couldn't go that far, cheating was considered a sin in the werewolf world, it was frowned down upon and maybe his pack would never look him the same way as they do now after knowing about this, Jade believed in second chances hence part of the reason why she was back here three years later, and later on, she knew that she would regret her words, so, for now, she held her tongue.

"I'm taking him with me to the pack house" with that said, Jade walks towards Arther, who wore a stunned look on his face with his mouth open just like the rest of the guards who watched the interaction with a stunning face. It was absolute silence which now made her uncomfortable, she wanted to get away as soon as she could from the clearing.

She grabs Arther's hand in hers unconsciously and starts to walk away.

She felt them before she saw their presence behind her, she could feel their anger for their Alpha, so much so that, they had decided to take matters into their own hands, so she does something she wouldn't have done in front of others. Furthermore, she uses her magic to deflect their attack.

She turns back just in time to see the guards try to attack Arther in their wolf form, he was their target, and not her.

"Ventus grandinis furorem in malevolentia" Jade says with a flick of her wrist, a sonic wave-like effect flows through her raised palms, the guards didn't have time to react before it hit them, making them fly back and hit into the trees with so much force that some instantly fall unconscious and shifting back into their human form unconsciously.

Jade's eyes meet Adryan's for a few seconds, and she turns back to face Arther, who looked at her with shocked eyes, his eyes widen suddenly.

"Jade, you're..." he trails off, Jade feels the wetness trailing down her nose. Her hand raises to swipe at it, and she brings it back to look at it, and she finds the crimson colored liquid. She was bleeding, which wasn't a good thing, she knew what was going to happen next as soon as she started feeling light headed and her vision becoming blurry.

Her hands rise to her head as a migraine starts, she clutches her head in pain. Both Adryan and Arther stare at her in shock and confusion and take steps towards her fearing that she might faint.

"Jade" her name was the last thing she hears before she collapses.

▪▪▪

(A/N: This a short chapter, for now, I will be updating more in April since my college will be closing for a month. Also turned 20 a few days back :) )

Don't be a silent reader, Comment and Vote ;)

-n