Chapter 7 : Between the 4 walls

Night came, and everything was so quiet.

The crimson moon enlighted the earth, shining its snowy fabulous light through Diana's room window.

She moaned, slowly forcing her eyes open. Her familiar room cellar was the first thing her eyes noticed.

Recalled by the reminisce of that tragedy in the forest, She jumped off her back instantly, examing her surrounding. She was in her bed. Relaxed in her room. Her clothes were changed. She scrambled her fingers around her neck. The necklace was still there. Quiet as usual.

That's when she recalled what happened earlier. All the action. The blood on her hands. Louis. The wolf.

The necklace which enlightened the surroundings seconds before the 4-legs beast jump from his ambushing place.

She quickly got up off the bed. She rushed outside her room. She needs to find out where and what happened to Louis.

With that thought in mind, She rushed towards the door in a hurry. Only to find two of my dearest friends at the door. They were two maids of the queen.

"Thank, lord!" One of them stood up and lunged with a hug.

The other girl smiled with relief.

"H-Hey, guys" Diana answered with a smile. Hugging back her friend.

It was a good thing to have best friends and girls in the palace. Even if they were 10 years old ahead of you.

The maid who hugged retracted. "What happened back there?! The palace was turned upside down, the queen was about to die of fear, and the poor prince...."

"WHERE IS HE, WHERE IS THE PRINCE?" She jumped with intense curiosity.

"Relax relax. He was taken to a nearby hospital. Whatever attacked both of you, made a horrible job of his arm but it didn't kill him. Or so I believe, He was still breathing"

On hearing that, she breathed with visible repose. She could now rest assured her mind that he was safe at last.

The other began. More serious than her earlier friend. "Besides that, Why didn't you leave him anyway, it was your chance to escape!"

"I-I couldn't. He is so..."

"Handsome?" One of them narrowed her eyes teasing her. Diana knew that their intentions were up to no good.

"Kind...he was so kind. I mean he would have given me a nice picnic if not for that wolf. One I dearly desired..." she murmured the last line with a shy smile.

"You aaaareee bluuusshhing" one of them dilated her voice, teasing the girl.

Am I ?!!

Diana exclaimed silently to her herself.

She touched her cheeks. And they had the temperature of the sun.

This is getting embarrassing. Why am I not capable of hiding my emotions anymore?

Ding Dong

The bells banged. The queen was calling a maid to her side.

"I will go, you should rest" The same maid who was teasing her, gave her another hug and left to answer her mistress.

Thanks for the save, my queen. Diana breathed relief.

"Diana"

"Yes?"

"Do you love that boy? Answer honestly, because you are terrible at lying" She confronted her with a direct question.