CHAPTER 26 : The Sound of Freedom

1 hour earlier

"Find that lever" she kept encouraging herself forward. Every man and woman outside that tower depend solely on her nexy choices. To fail is to lose what's left of her past. Of Endora.

She finally reached the top of the stairs and on her right she saw her objective. That lever was right there...but there was something unreal.

"Where are the guards?". She thought. Could it be that all of them are fighting the rebellion that they forgot to protect the front door of thier fortress?

"Why do I even think about this, they need me down there!". She scolded herself and she mindlessly ran towards the lever. However,...

She was not alone at that room and she learnt that the hard way.

The tip of her eyes saw a large object fly towards her. It was too fast. She couldn't have time to to identify that object properly. It was a tall but lethal tool on impact. Whoever threw it was- unlike Diana- patiently waiting.

She felt the blade travel with the speed of light right ahead of her eye pupils and getting stuck at the wall. It wasn't how close the blade was about to pierce her head that suprised the girl, it was simply the power the spear was thrown witht that it felt its momentum rush.

She was nailed in her place as she titled her head to face her camping and dangerous foe.

"Missed by that much," he said with unusual energy and with a creepy chuckle under his dark black eyes.

The girl faced her attacker with fright. As he slowly emerged from the shadows, she immediatly recognized the person beforehand. He was always by the commander's side. To be more specific he was his second-in-command. He was the one who issues orders directly to both soldiers and prisoners every day.

Prisoners knew him by "Lieutenant Biao"

He wasn't that different from his master. He had the same arrogant and offensive mouth. His inhuman actions which don't include the word 'mercy' speak for his character. Despite that, his age was young, more like in the mid-30s or so.

"Looks like the old man began to get a rusty for you to run past him without a scratch," he said. Fists on his hip. He was referring to the commander.

The girl pulled the spear from the wall. When it got out, she immediately noticed how massively heavy it was.

She barely took a stance with her 2-hands weapon facing the Lieutenant.

"And what about you? You look energetic enough to face a little girl" Diana teased her opponent.

"OH! You have an no idea how much I missed the battleground away from this cursed castle. Too bad you won't survive me to see the end of your scummy coup outside" He finished his word by drawing a big, curved sword with a strange hilt looking. Taking a position halt, preparing for the battle.

With her long weapon along with her dagger. Diana was determined to finish her fight quickly before the main battle shifts in the favour of the wrong side.

She scanned her target. Nothing special was about him, physically. He was young and thin. It's lightly armor was covering most of his body. Not strongly built as the commander. Yet, his skills were far to be tested.

She narrowed her eyes, sceptical of how her small dagger would help vs that sword.

Then a strategic idea came to her.

She raised the spear and tried to throw it at him. The spear embarrassingly missed by far, landing away from the target . As her foe just stared with much amusement to the spear rolling to his right, trying his best to conceal his laughter.