Chapter 19: The plan before the storm

Some days passed, and after what her uncle had done, Diana was certain that No one would save her father except her.

But she is not talking about the old her, the innocent her or the clumsy and reckless her.

She was talking about the girl who stood up to a giant wolf and stabbed it to death. She is talking about the courageous girl who prevented certain deaths served in a cup of wine.

This very same Diana will also save her Father even if she dies in the attempt, after all, her father was already certain that his daughter vanished in the king's palace, So there won't be much to lose anyway.

...And so.

She had the idea that she is going to secretly storm the castle. Alone. During the night without anyone knowing her plan.

However, at this moment the problem arose, does she actually have a plan in her possession?

More days passed and Diana somehow managed to store some coins under loose brick behind the house.

She wanted to rent a small horse and a map of the region so she won't get lost on that fateful day when her rescue journey to the castle begins..

After some more time, she managed to craft a bow and since she had already been taught the basics by Louis before.

It was easier to learn the skill of hunting faster than expected. she also decided to buy some ammunition (bolts or arrows) to practice by hunting birds or smaller animals, and after each day of practice, she hid both the bow and arrows in a known bush before going home late.

Luckily, she always had that excuse that she worked for late time in the tavern to provide more money. But only half the money was provided to the house and the remaining was to fuel the plan.

Although, Marigold noticed the shortage of money, she never snitched. She knew her young girl was up to something. But what harm could reach a teenage girl in this calm town?

Now... a whole month passed and the plan was completely polished

 She already bought the small horse on the same day of departure and tied it at the edge of the woods with some food and water for it. All that was left to do was to wait for the cover of the night to support her escape...

On the day of the escape:

For the family, It was like any other normal day, but for Diana, it was a different day, she calculated everything and how she would survive in the wild for many days till she reached the red castle. Now it is just a matter of waiting until all house habitant sleeps then she will begin her journey.

Later that night of the same day:

Although it was a quiet night both the heart and mind of the girl were on high alert during her sneaking out of the house.

She quickly wrapped her golden hair into a bun. Wearing her uniform and dagger.

As she descended to the lower floor
She moved slowly; not to wake anyone. the silence was her own ally at this point. Even her own loud breaths could bust her out.

If she is caught sneaking around, no excuse will help her and she already put a lot of effort into this journey.

No turning back after crossing the house door.

The tiptoeing of her boot finally delivered her to the door.

*Click*

The lock behind the door soon fell in front of her swiftness. She reached for the handle...

"Can I come with you?" Said a familiar voice behind Diana.

The girl was just standing there and cursing heavily. she planned everything: food, tools and transport except the most vital one thing above all!

She forgot her beloved partner.

How could she forget such a vital detail?!

"No, Louis. This is my mission and my burden alone"

"It's not a burden, it is a Deathwish. Think about it for a minute. I hate that proud idiot and I would deny admitting it. But what if your uncle is right? What if he wasn't there in the first place?" said Louis with a serious face

"And if he was? I will not sit back in a house of a foolish and greedy man and let my father be sold as a slave! I must try!"

"Then take me with you! I can ease your journey"

"Absolutely no. I already made arrangements for a one-room journey. I won't be long gone"

"And if they asked about you?"

"Don't think about it for long. I doubt he will care anyway"

"Diana..."

"I will be fine, Louis. Just because I am a girl doesn't mean I am weak"

"Ok, just...um...at least...uh"

She sensed what was going on and she smiled at his naivety. She walked towards him. Grabbing his shirt with her fist. Her awkward shortness became a history by that point. She lifted her heels so that her lips reached his face.

It wasn't long before his arms began moving, surrounding her waist while his hands rested gently on her back.

She touched his face with her own right hand. Her soft hand marched keenly on his shaved childish cheek. Ignoring that heatful breathing of his, messing up her tightly dressed hair.

And...

Their lips purely collided in the shape of a kiss

They backed away. Exchanging emotional waves through their eyes. Their souls were meditating in peace, dancing in a playground full of appeasement...

"Can I have another one?"

"Wha... Louis. Don't be greedy!". She slapped his chest with a sneaky faint hit but with a beautiful quiet chuckle.

In his eyes. She had never become quite prettier as now. He wanted more...more of these feelings...more of her kindness...more of that Love rollercoaster thing or whatever couple people call.

"Louis, I really need to go". She gently pushed his hands off her back. Backing away to carry on with her plan.

"Miss you already, My Princess". He smiled.

She stopped at her track. Looking at him with a surprised look. The sweetness of these few words engulfed her whole. There wasn't any room for her to speak anymore.

She opened the door and rushed outside, trying to hide her glimmering and smiling lips away from his piercing but most affable loyalty figure.

Hang in there, father. I am coming for you

***************

A/R: Feedback?