Chapter 36: One man squad

The day after...

The Sunset comes with its familiar orange rays upon the horizon, breaking the intensity of the hot sun temperature, Bringing winds of change with it.

Followed by a sheering welcome.
The second army with spirits stronger than a thousand walls, marched proudly to the camp. With their iron boots shaking the ground below their feet. They stomp the earth with their disciplined march and their Sharp killing eyes, Thirsty for blood and War.

The reserve army looked up to them, as their salvation. A force by which they will crush their enemy and librate their lands or at least will give them a chance

The situation was levelled again, with 20,000 men total, formed by combined arms of calvaries, archers and footsoldiers.

Another battle awaits...

.....

While Louis was having lunch with the promised future bride Aurora. Exchanging smiles and hearty meals. A strange-looking shouting man came running to the camp. "Sir, sir!"

He screamed, having difficulty breathing from running. His clothes tell that he is no military person. He was a civilian or...a spy.

"Commander, we have a situation at Nale!" He continued shouting.

Joseph on the other side, was busy with his tacticians discussing the last steps of his battle approach on a map put on a table. When he saw the man, his eyes jumped with attention.

"Hey, hey Take a breath, Walice," he said halting him

"The enemy...the blood drinker...his army...I heard them. They will move on Tagia, tomorrow at Dawn!!"

"Hold on, you told me yesterday that they won't make a move until the next week. What changed?"

"Their supplies came faster than we anticipated sir, they managed to harass the nearby farms and small villages, and I overheard some soldiers saying that logistics support would come to aid them sooner than we expected"

Joseph took the words with absolute calmness while his men swallowed hard, Nevertheless, they trusted their superior commander to act properly, and so did Louis and Aurora as they looked up to him, seeking guidance for their next move.

Silence struck for a while. Joseph bowed his head slightly on a table, staring with focus, his eyes shifting nervously at the map. His fingers are hitting the table in sequence. Thousands of eyes were watching him, waiting for his call. 

One order and over 30,000 souls will follow his lead.

"That settles it, then," Joseph said with a strange smile, facing his men.

"TONIGHT, WE LIBERATE NALE !"

He shouted. Raising his fist.