Chapter 9: Busted and out

She gasped at his end of the speech. She didn't see that coming. No way that was the same person she was talking to back at the hospital.

She didn't notice herself loosening the grip of the mop, slipping off her hand, and crashing on the cobble next to her as if she lost control over her limps.

The impact of the mop to the ground, made her jump off her place, slapping her out of her stun. She tilted her eyes towards the downed mop, staring sheepishly, blinking, without taking any action to retrieve it.

"Oh, allow me". Louis rushed to grab the mop, handing it to her. As She took it with a wavering hand. Meeting his smiling lips once again.

She grabbed the mop tightly, or better put, she hugged it. She wanted help. NOW.

That warm feeling came back and more passionate than ever. She no longer feels the difference between reality and a dream.

"I-Is this a prank?" She said spontaneously. She was unsure what to say. She wasn't even sure if she responded right.

"No. Diana. It's not. I am more honest with you now than ever. I do have a feeling towards you...

...since the first time you took that cup from my hand, I wasn't able to resist your charming eyes. When we went to that forest, and from talking with you, I became more interested in your simple personality...

And for that, I shall not regret the confession of my feelings"

"M...My personality..." She felt uneasiness during her speaking. She couldn't identify what she was feeling at that moment, she never experienced such lawless psychology because she missed that feeling. To be loved once more for being herself. Even if it's not at the same level as her father's natural love.

She felt the blood rushing to her cheeks, making her face look like a tomato.

In response, he took one last step forward, making his taller body closer to her short one.

"Diana" he pleaded fairly, gazing down at her astonished face while going for her right hand, squeezing it gently between his fingers. He bowed on one knee like the gentleman he is. Causing Diana's eyes core to expand in a stupor.

Not trying anything sketching. He asked straight ahead. "Do you accept my Love?"

If only the answer was as smooth as the question

She blinked. She knew that she had to make a hearty call. But she felt conflicted. She knew she needed time to think. Why didn't her father advise her about this matter?! Or maybe her long passed mother could have helped right now, she had that moment one day before, right?

She had to think of the consequences of her next words very well.

"But why would I?!"  Her voice echoed inside. She felt empowered by herself to do whatever she wanted. Her father is not here to consult so pretty much it's her judgment that would make a difference.

But again, that's the same confidence that led her to the past troublesome scenarios with the king...

On the other way around, she wanted happiness. The prince was describing her state as well as his. So What was stopping her?

Finally, she closed her eyes, taking a breath of ...

No more hiding feelings and No more overreacting Drama.

She looked straight into his eyes with her light pretty smile. She left the mop on the wall to focus on him more.

She kneeled on both knees to his bowed figure making their eyes at the same level while she was hardly pushing the answer through her tightened dry throat. Words which was long waited to come out.