harbour

13 gasped for air. He was squished between Acadia and Massachusetts.

"Get... get up!"

Acadia stood up, and went to find France. Massachusetts chased after her.

13 pushed himself up, and then extended a hand to Lina, who gladly took it.

He checked the clock. 3 in the afternoon.

He was knocked into the wall again by Rhode, who apologized softly and helped Maryland up.

13 walked down the hallway, and dodged a miserable-looking Canada who was exiting the house. Whatever France had told him must be sad.

Confederate bumped into his twin. Upon closer inspection, 13 realized that his brother had two stars, both above his eye.

"13, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, Confederate. Go ahead."

Confederate looked around with a hint of a nervous emotion in his eyes, and them turned back to 13.

"Is this about the stars?"

His twin nodded.

"Don't worry. It's probably just North and South Carolina, they showed up today, and they look like you."

Lina's ears pricked up at the mention of her name. Caro was still lying on the floor.

"Did you mention me?" Asked Lina.

"Yes, Lina. They mentioned you." A grumpy Caro looked up at her fellow state.

Suddenly, a screech echoed from the upper floor.

"RESTEZ LOIN DE MOI, ENFANT STINKY GREMLIN!" (stay away from me, stinky gremlin child!) 

Acadia was a blur as she rushed out the front door, slamming it in Massachusetts's face.

Massachusetts fell on the floor, seeming to be knocked out. 13 stifled a laugh before going to help his state up.

"13! I was just about to talk to you." Massachusetts stood up.

"What is it?"

"I can't tell you yet. You're gonna have to come with me, though. It's in the evening."

13 nodded. He would have to wait, but it would be worth it.

Massachusetts brushed the dust off of his own uniform, and then ran out the door. He assumed that his state was going to find and torture Acadia yet again.

"13!"

His name was being called from above the stairs.

13 ran up the stairs, to find Caro kicking Rhode in the head as he lay on the floor.

"Caro's kiiiiiiicking meeeeee!" Rhode whined, and Caro stopped when she saw 13.

"Nothing to see here, boss." Caro gave 13 a nervous smile, and picked up Rhode. She deposited her fellow state in the doorway of Britain's room.

13 frowned as Caro ran off to who-knows-where. 

Suddenly, the sound of the front door opening and closing alerted him.

"Sil-vous-plait! M'aidez!" Acadia screeched in french as Massachusetts lead her through the door, holding her hand.

Maryland and Lina ran over to aid the Acadian in escaping the wrath of Massachusetts. 

Four bongs sounded through the household. Four o' clock in the afternoon.

Canada emerged from the front door, and began to help his sister.