cornflower

America was pressed against the wall of his cabin.

Three weeks ago, he had received an invitation to Canada and Prussia's wedding.

Confederate and Vermont were invited too, but they weren't in the cabin at this moment.

His twin had gotten terribly seasick, to a point where he had to lie on the floor all day.

Vermont was taking him out for a walk, and a breath of fresh air.

It was their last day onboard the ship. Thank god, he couldn't take being onboard anymore.

They had left the states on their own, which was a bad move. 

Maryland was put in charge. The others would've probably staged a coup d'etat against her and put Massachusetts in charge.

America and Confederate had both received a new star in their time on the ship. 

They both worried about the new state. What if it wasn't found by the others? What if it was treated horribly?

Suddenly, the sound of a whistle blowing echoed through the ship.

"We have docked at the harbour. Please exit the ship."

"We're here!" Confederate burst through the door. 

America grabbed his luggage, and started to make his way towards the exit.

Vermont was already at the docks, waiting for them. In the distance, America could see Naples by a royal carriage.

He ran off of the ship with Confederate, and joined Vermont.

"Naples is waiting for us," America pointed out.

"I know." Vermont gave a small nod.

Naples was their great-aunt, the daughter of Roman empire. Rome and Tuscany were their great-uncles, and would probably be nearby.

"America! Confederate! Vermont!"

Naples called out for them.

"Aunt Naples!"

Vermont burst through the crowd towards her Aunt. Naples embraced the small republic.

"There they are!"

Rome and Tuscany were both inside the carriage.

Tuscany seemed worried. Rome had a devilish grin on his face.

Rome's face was red on the left and golden on the right. 

Naples's face was golden on the left and red on the right. 

Tuscany's face was white with two thin horizontal red bands, and he wore an eye patch with a Pegasus on it. 

"Come on in!"

The six of them managed to squeeze inside the small vehicle for the ride to the palace. 

America looked at it in awe.

"13! Confederate! Vermont!"

Canada called for them.

He stood outside of the entrance with Prussia clinging to his arm.

Prussia's black hair was laced with blue cornflowers.

The Italians and the North Americans raced to meet the couple. 

"I have something for you, Vermont."

Prussia fidgeted in a satchel by her side, and eventually brought out a flower crown made with the same blue cornflowers that she herself wore in her hair.