moon

(NOTE: In this chapter, everyone speaks in french, even though it is written in english. This just makes it easier for me to write the chapter.)

Canada looked out across the calm Baltic sea.

He, France, and Acadia were at the docks of a small Prussian city, heading to who knows where. France said that it would be a surprise.

Three months had passed since 13 and his states had ran away. Nobody had seen them since the Boston tea party.

In that time, Canada had received another letter from Neth. 

The letter had been full of sweetness that made him feel like he was going to explode.

"France! So good to see you!"

Two ladies, dressed in finery, came rushing down the docks towards them. One of them he recognized as Austria. 

Austria wore a light blue dress with pearls embedded in the collar. Her face was yellow on the bottom, and black on the top.

The other country looked similar to Austria. She had black skin, with a very thick white stripe in the middle. 

On her left eye, she wore an eye patch with a two-headed black eagle painted on it. Her skin was hidden under a pale yellow dress.

France hugged them both.

"Canada, these ladies are Austria and Prussia. Prussia is going to be your wife."

His heart sank.

Prussia looked up at Canada with wonder in her eyes. 

Canada took her hand in his, bringing it up to his face and planting a kiss on her knuckles. 

Prussia blushed in response, instead of saying something.

"Mother?"

The question came from Acadia.

"Yes, Acadia?"

"Will you be finding me a husband soon?"

"I will try my best. I hear that the Netherlands is currently a bachelor, and an alliance with him would be good."

His heart sank even farther.

Canada didn't want Neth to be married. If Neth got married, he would probably stop writing to him.

"Well, our carriage awaits us!" Austria exclaimed. "Shall we?"

France nodded, and led Acadia to the vehicle.

 Prussia linked her left arm with Canada's right, and they sauntered off to the carriage.

The interior of the carriage was lined with plush velvet. France, Austria, and Acadia squished themselves into the front, which was awkward with their corsets in the way.

Canada and Prussia had plenty of room to themselves in the back, but Prussia pushed Canada up against the wall.

"When we get to the palace, the Netherlands, Spain, and Russian empire will be waiting for us. Acadia, I want you on your best behaviour." France explained to her daughter. 

Nobody notices the light that filled Canada's face when the Netherlands was mentioned. 

He was still wearing the jacket that he had borrowed from Neth. He loved it.

Canada didn't even notice Prussia's black fingers slip around his.

When he did, he wanted to pull away from her. But it would upset France to find out that the marriage she had worked so hard to arrange wouldn't work, and fall apart.

"We're here!"

Canada was focused on the pale clouds that stained the soft blue skies. 

"Canada?"

Prussia's soft voice snapped him back to reality. They were in Berlin already, at the Prussian palace.

The carriage stopped, and they exited, luggage in hand.

The five of them walked through the magnificent front doors, and were greeted by Neth, Spain, and Russia.

"Canada!"

Neth ran up to the taller country, and kissed Canada three times on each cheek.

Each kiss exchanged sparks of electricity between their skin. Canada's face became even more red than before. He had missed the scent of tulips and rain, as it had washed out of his jacket long ago.

Now, Canada could clearly smell the scent that he loved so much.

He never wanted this moment to end.

But, Neth pulled away eventually, and opened his ink-black eyes.

A moment of silence passed. 

"Kiss me back," Neth whispered.

Canada grabbed the collar of Neth's shirt, and returned each kiss, getting dangerously close to his lips.

Everyone here had already met each other at least once, so the main hall was filled with "greetings," and "how've you been".

"So!"

Austria clapped her hands. 

"Since it's late, I'll take you all to your rooms."

They followed the Austrian around the palace for quite some time. Acadia would be sharing a room with France, and Canada's room was in between Prussia's room, and Neth's room. 

He unpacked his bags until he heard a knock on the door. Canada hoped it would be Neth.

And it was. It was him. 

"H-Hello." Canada stuttered upon seeing the Dutch man.

"Hey, Canada." Neth smiled.

The Canadian invited him in, closing the door.

Neth walked over to the balcony, maneuvering his small frame between the doors. 

Canada followed him.

He opened the dual glass doors, and breathed in the fresh winter air.

The Canadian stood beside him, placing his dark red hands on the gilded balcony.

"So many stars out tonight, eh?" He started.

"Yeah. The moon's beautiful too." Neth inched closer to Canada.

"You remind me of the moon, Neth."

"I do?"

"Yes." Canada nodded.

"You're beautiful, more beautiful than all the stars in the sky. You're always there, and I love to look at you more than anything."

Neth's face became a shade of red similar to Canada's flag.

"All the stars in the sky seem to surround you, hoping to bask in your beauty."

Canada paused for a minute.

Neth smiled in response.

"And you remind me of the sun, dear Canada."

"How so?"

"Your warmth is beautiful, and it melts the snow and ice in my heart. You glow so brightly, and can lighten up any room that you are put into."

Neth slipped his soft hand into Canada's rough one.

"You are the light that warms the earth, the light that allows me to survive. Your glowing beauty is the reason I wake up in the morning."

Neth leaned closer towards Canada.

"When you leave, it is like the sun is setting. You are the most beautiful person, and I never look, just to save my eyes from the beauty that is your face."

Canada waited until Neth stopped talking to pick him up, and plant a kiss on his lips.