tear

Neth stood in front of the mirror in his room, letting Canada fix his tie for him.

"I'm so sorry, Neth."

Today was the day that Canada would be getting married.

"It's okay. It's not your fault, after all."

A few moments of silence passed, before Neth hugged Canada tightly.

"I have to go now. See you at the wedding, okay?"

Neth nodded, feeling the sensation of emptiness grow larger. 

Canada walked out of his room, leaving Neth alone to stew in his emotions.

He sighed, and sat down. The ceremony started in an hour.

Neth could hear the sounds of Britain and America arguing in the next room, something about taxes.

A knock sounded at his door.

Neth went to get it. It was Japan, dressed in a blue kimono with white spots near the cuffs.

"Konichiwa, Netherlands."

"Hello, Japan."

They bowed to each other.

"There is carriage waiting outside for Netherlands, China, and Japan. It is time for Netherlands and Japan to go."

Neth nodded. "Great, we'll go."

He followed the Japanese woman outside, where China was already waiting for them.

"Greetings, Netherlands."

"Hello, China."

China wore a red qipao with small flowers embroidered in white thread.

The three of them entered the carriage.

There was another country inside.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"This is Joseon Dynasty."

Joseon had dark red skin with yellow rectangles all around her face. She had a yellow and white circle in the centre. She wore an orange hanbok dress. 

The vehicle was filled with light conversation and laughter. It distracted him for a moment.

They arrived at the church. Neth's hands were shaking, so he put them in his pockets.

Neth was the best man, so he waited outside with Austria, the maid of honour, and Malaysia, the ring bearer while Japan, China, and Joseon went inside. 

Austria and Malaysia got along well. They were deep in a conversation about  when Poland, the flower girl would arrive.

They didn't even notice that Poland was standing next to them. 

Poland looked at Neth.

"Hi Netherlands!"

Austria and Malaysia looked towards the direction of the sound.

"Oh my gosh Poland, I'm so sorry!"

Poland smiled. "It's okay."

Suddenly, a hat pushed out of a nearby bush.

Austria screeched. 

Someone screeched back in Italian.

It was Vatican City, in his pope outfit.

He was covered in leaves.

"Father Vatican! Are you okay?"

Vatican nodded. "Sí."