escape

"What was the plan here?" Massachusetts asked.

"We don't have a plan." Georgia reminded him.

Vermont, America, and the states were hiding in the bushes of Britain's mansion to try and rescue Confederate, who they had determined was imprisoned here.

Caro and Lina were wearing a very realistic mule costume, which was intended to cause a distraction. Caro was the head, and Lina was the rear. Which she was not very pleased with.

"Yes we do." Vermont corrected. "Caro and Lina will distract Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, and England."

"And then what?" Virginia asked.

"And we will sneak in, and steal Confederate back." America explained.

 "Sounds good to me." Massachusetts nodded.

Caro and Lina started to walk forwards, but they were not very good at walking in the mule costume. There was a lot of grumbling coming from inside.

"Hello? Who's there?" A voice called.

They ducked deeper into the bush. Caro and Lina turned towards it.

"No no no no no no no..." Vermont hissed under her breath.

Isle of Man, a woman sporting a red flag with three armoured legs forming a triangle in the middle, came into view. 

"Get her!" Caro screeched as she started galloping towards her. Lina awkwardly moved in the same direction.

"Augh!" Man screeched, trying to climb up a tree. She fell back down.

Lina began to kick her. Man cried, and ran off. She was faster than the two states in a mule costume.

Man slowed down after a few metres. This gave the Carolinas plenty of time to run up to.

Caro began to bite her head with the fake mouth. Man punched Caro in retaliation, before running inside in a rage.

The state wailed, before falling over.

Lina followed suit.

Vermont sighed.

"Psst. Vermont." America nudged her elbow.

"Yes, brother?" She turned towards him.

"Go distract England. He's on the front steps. Over there." He pointed to the Englishman who was leaning against the sundial.

Vermont gulped.

She made her way over to him, hiding her sweaty palms in the folds of her bulky skirt. 

"England! Hi!" She announced, drawing his attention.

"Oh! Hello, mystery lady!" He jolted upright, stumbling over.

Vermont helped him up.

"I never did catch your name. I bet it's as pretty as your face." England said.

Vermont's face turned bright red.

"I'm..." She scanned her mind for countries that were the children of Portugal and France. 

There was only one.

"My name is France Antarctique." She lied. "But people call me Anta for short, since my name is long."

"Well, Anta." He smiled. "Pretty name for a pretty lady. If I remember, you're about... Two hundred and twenty years old?" 

"Yep! Two hundred and twenty one to be exact." She answered.