25// step one: seclusion part II

Isabella

"There's someone here to see you with Emilio, Romolo and your grandfather." She said nervous.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"A lawyer."

The trail.

Shit.

"I- I'll be down in a second." I said and Crystal nodded.

"Are you sure you ready for this?"

"When people are at their lowest point, they tend to trust the first person they see. When it's a stranger or not, they just do. I had that with you and your mom. I told you everything because I was at my lowest. But I'm not at my lowest anymore. Yes, I'm still low but not at my lowest. I don't know if I can-"

"Isabella, breath." Katie said and I placed my head in my hands and took deep breaths.

"I can't just open up again like that again, Katie." I was gripping my hair and panic was flowing through me. "What am I going to do? Oh my god I'm totally-"

"Isabella, look at me. Breath. You got this. You tell them what you want them to know and you take your time. You want me to be there with you?" She asked slowly and I started to relax more.

"No, as much I want you do, this is my battle. I need to do this on my own." I sighed and Katie nodded.

"Get a shower stinky, I'll meet you downstairs." She chuckled and I had a small smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath and opened the door that led to the living room. When I entered everyone stood up.

"Loca." Emilio smiled and I instantly relaxed.

"Lio." I said

We started running to each other and in the middle of the way between us he lifted me and spun me around.

"I missed you like crazy loca." Emilio said with his head in my neck and my feet dangling.

"I missed you more Lio." I mumbled as I hugged him harder.

"Damn, if I didn't know you missed me I would say you were trying to kill me." He chuckled and I let go of my tight hold on him and smiled at him.

"That is just so adorable!" Katie tried to whisper but failed like no one did before. I gave her a glance and her eyes went wide.

"I ruined the moment?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sorry." She smiled softly and I shook my head while having a small smile on my lips. Emilio placed me back on my feet and I looked around in the room.

My eyes lighted up when I saw my future partner in crime.

"GRANDPA!" I screamed out and ran to him. He laughed as he caught me and kissed my forehead. He tilted me up so we were face to face. Yes, grandpa was still a big guy.

"Hello princess. I hope you don't mind we have a little visit?" He said playfully.

"Even if I don't want to -which I do!- it wouldn't stop you." I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"Smart girl." He patted my head and placed me on the ground. I looked next to him and my glare turned playfully.

"The evil uncle that I love so much. How are you doing oldie?" I asked Romolo while hitting his upper arm.

"Who are you calling old and evil, little one?"

"You, damn oldie, you need your hearing device?" I joked and he stared playfully at me.