30// the date

Calix

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, I'm sure Calix, now go hang with your friends." My dad said.

"Promise you'll call me when something is wrong."

"I promise, now go. I'll cover you with your teachers as long as you bring good grades back home." He said.

"You know I always do." I winked at him and he chuckled.

"Be careful son." He said as I walked to the door. I turned around and nodded before closing the door behind me.

I walked to my motor and took off. I haven't seen my friends in a while and it was about time I spent time outside the gym and my room.

Something I loved riding a motor was the freedom you felt when the wind goes through your hair. A feeling of no problems, no responsibilities, just pure freedom.

I saw my friends were already waiting for me at the mall where we always wait for each other.

"Calix! Brother, it's been way too long." Noah said as he hugged me while I was still sitting on my motor. He was my first friend I've ever made. The one you've know your whole life that you can't even remember the time when you weren't friends.

Noah is the goofy type and loves making trouble. We always act like twins and get each other out of trouble almost all the time. But most of the time we cause trouble together.

"Looking good, bro." Levi said as we did our bro hand shake. Levi is the best cook I've ever known in my whole life. Whenever we stay over at someone's place, Levi's cooking.

He's also goofy and is always up for trouble past midnight. He's a night person and he loves watching football games with food and a good beer with us. Nothing compares to that.

"Sup dude." Hunter said. Hunter and I met at a box match and we clicked ever since. He's more silent than the rest of us, the one with the good advice when you don't even know you needed it.

Hunter doesn't like a lot of people but I guess he likes us. He looks way more older than us when he's only one year older, eighteen. The scary uncle, you could say. The only thing that makes him smile is his younger sister and making trouble.

As you probably already realized, we love making trouble.

"So what are we going to do?" Levi asked and I lifted my shoulders up.

"Let's get food first, dad said we could crash at mine tonight." I said.

"How's the old man? I heard he got shot?" Hunter asked in a husky voice.

"Yeah, we already took care of the guys, you can have your round if you want." I suggested and they all nodded, Levi and Noah smiling wickedly.

"Let's go to Taco Bell." Noah suggested and we all agreed.

"So anything new with you guys?" I started our conversation.

"Gabriella keeps asking where her mother is. How am I suppose to tell a ten year old her mom left us and isn't coming back?" Hunter sighed.

"Let her come tonight, you know dad loves her." I looked at him in concern. He took care of Gabriella like his life depended on it, even when his mother was still with them. She wasn't the best mom, but we never thought she would pack her things and just leave like that.

"I know, but I don't-"

"It's not a problem, I swear." I put a hand on his shoulder, telling him I got him and he knows it.