33//me first, not you

Third person

All the Castillo's gasped and looked shocked at the doctor.

Never in their lives did they even think about one of their youngest dying.

And now, Santiago was claimed by death himself and no one was prepared.

Grandpa's thought immediately went to all the little memories with his grandson that used to make him smile.

Now it only makes him want to turn back the clock and hug him a little harder than he did.

Grandma couldn't accept the fact that she'll néever hear her little boy whine that he's hungry for her cookies and for her cookies only.

Sergio felt dizzy thinking about his little brother not sitting next to him at the diner table anymore and stealing his food.

Vito felt like he failed as the oldest brother as he listens to the cries of his cousins and the cries inside his mind.

It hit Angelina hard in the face, she lost her son. The person she gave life to left it sooner than her. It was suppose to be the other way around, she thought.

Romolo couldn't think. He knew, once he let his mind go, he would break and his family needed him now. Until they know for sure Isabella is going to make it, he has to be strong and not think about his dead son.

Deep down, a part of him died the second he heard his son was dead. Romolo may be a cold, successful bastard to the outside world but his family knew better.

Especially his son and his wife. Family was everything. All he could think about at this moment is his other sons. He knew how it felt to lose a brother and he's going to do everything in his power to help them.

Emilio felt like he was about to fall apart. His irritating little cousin was gone, forever and he knew there was a big chance Isabella was not going to make it.

He found himself thinking he was selfish, he thought about the fact that he didn't took the biggest blow and still died. How the hell is Isabella going to survive that?

"You said Isabella took the biggest blow, why isn't Santiago still alive then?" Luigi asked. The question they all started thinking. It didn't add up.

"We saw he had an internal bleeding to late, once we were operating him it was already too late but we still tried hut failed. He died in surgery." The doctor's eyes softened.

"Here's a card of victim support, the number is free to call and it has helped a lot of people, don't hesitate to contact them with whatever." He smiled with a pity look.

All the Castillo's hated pity, usually they would glare or threaten them but they all felt numb, drained and utterly broken.

Before the doctor could turn around and leave, Angelina yelled out to him.

"Wait! I want to see his body." She said emotionless. She wouldn't believe her son was dead until she saw his body. How traumatic and hard it would be, she will not leave until she sees it with her own eyes.

"We all will." Romolo said as he side hugged his wife, showing his support.

"I don't think that's a good-" The doctor tried to say but grandma cut him off.

"Listen here and listen good, mother fucker. My son just lost his son, this whole family will suffer for the rest of their lives of his loss. Now if you don't let us see him I'm going to rip your legs so far apart it will create a second ass hole." Grandma said as she pointed her gun from her waistband at the doctor who was now scared for his life.