Family is Power

"We arrive into this world as innocents. Wide eyed and vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us." — Niklaus "Klaus" Mikaelson

Power is a strange thing. No one power can have so much power but yet Estrid did. Her magic, strength and knowledge was nothing compared to what she saw within Carlisle and his coven. The sheer power of information that gathered over 20 vampires and herself was impressive.

She now knew why the Volturi believe them to be guilty. They wanted absolute power. A few members of the Volturi clan had special abilities and so did the Cullen clan. Edward although infuriating, had a great ability. Bella being the shield and a powerful one at that was very impressive. Estrid having sensed it the minute she stepped out of her car.

She knew the bond between both parents were strong yet insufferable. It irritated and amused her to no end. Edward still terrified of Estrid did not meet her eyes. Where as Bella stood less than 5 feet from her quite vexed from what she did to her husband. Estrid smirked. She enjoyed man handling people.

Looking to Carlisle and both parents to see the child she noticed the calmness of the child's heart. The girl was quite reserved for someone that witnessed their father get tossed like a ragdoll.

Estrid made her way across the room. She stood in front of Edward unmoving. Edward still afraid looked down not knowing what to do or say.

Carlisle standing next to Esmé looking amused at his son's sudden cowardice. Esme elbowed him inside to help and stop laughing.

Estrid looked at Bella and Edward giving a nod to ask for permission to talk to Reneesmé. Such a wired and unique name. She had a name only a mother could love.

The child reached up to show Estrid the memories of her birth and the events that transpired during said birth. Flabbergasted in nearly a thousand years she was speechless. The small girl was truly remarkable. A mind reader for a father and a shield for a mother. Both gift the girl will grow to possess.

Estrid still kneeling showed the girl a small portion of her powers.

A/n she doesn't have the deranged look in her eyes just needed the gif but feel free to express love for my wifey Wanda

The young hybrid and the vampires looked in the room with amazement. Even Edward looked in awe of course she didn't forgive him yet she'll give him this small reprieve.

Estrid stood up and turn from the small girl and looked towards the parents. She would helped them not for the sake of the two twats but for Carlisle and the little girl. The small girl reminding her of her niece Hope.

Hope of course new where she's always been. The young girl haven't felt being watched called her out. Shock was not the word to describe how she felt that day. She was bested by her own blood. She would never voice that though.

Estrid knew that the Volturi would never take into consideration that the Cullen's were innocent. They craved power and would stoop at nothing to get it. Estrid not voicing her opinion created a mind link to Edward. He felt the connection. The bond of family.

*Italics are Edward and Estrid speaking through telepathy*

Estrid:  Edward can you hear me?

Edward: Yes, Yes I can.

Estrid: "Good. I will help you fight for your family but only for the child. She is too precious, she reminds me of my only niece. I will train with the lot of you tomorrow."

Edward: "Thank you for your help; I didn't think you would after I disrespected you before. I'm sorry I was wrong. I hope you can forgive me."

Estrid: "Edward, I forgave you long ago I wanted you to simply own up to your wrong doings. All these people are here for you and your family yet you have never thanked them for even considering to be here yet alone for protecting your child".

Edward: "I know, I will thank them before everything happens. Still I'm sorry. They're risking their lives to be here. Carlisle and Esmé have done so much for me and so have the rest of the family. I just don't know how to say it.

Estrid: Well you can start by saying thank you and work on it. Which reminds me my brother has a strange saying. We both should take some pointers. Here it goes " Power is family, no one person can ever disrupt the bonds that holds us. They may try but will never succeed. Ole Elijah told me that. He was the noble one of us."

Estrid: " Now let's stop talking like this it's getting weird and I don't appreciate the blonde looking at me like that. It's like she wants to devour me whole *shudders*".

Edward: " He seems very wise. And yes she does look like she wants to. Her name is Tanya Denali she's the leader of the Alaskan Coven. They are out cousins". If you ask me I think she has the hots for you.

Estrid: " He is and I will see him soon I have a long phone call ahead of me and bloody hell she's still looking at me make her stop I feel naked under her gaze".

Edward soon left her mind and snickerd under his breath at Estrid's unease.

Estrid looking at everyone and here eyes meeting the blonde headed vampire declared that she was staying to help but she was calling a few reinforcements. She would be back.

She took a deep breath before taking out her phone. Contemplating whether or not to call Elijah she sucked up her anxiety and dialed the number.

The phone ringing she wanted the ground to swallow her whole to avoid him answering the phone

*Calling Elijah*

New Orleans

Elijah being confused at the unknown number answers the call.

Elijah: Hello, May I ask who this is and why are you calling this number?

Estrid: Hello, brother.

Elijah: Es-Estrid is that you?

To be continued..... Hehe

A/n Should I post another tomorrow?
Let me know in the comments 😁.