Family is Power 3

"I believe that when you love someone and that person loves you in return you're uniquely vulnerable. They have a power to hurt you that's like nothing else."~ Estrid Mikaelson

Love. The word Estrid despised the most in the last 200 centuries.

The very word kept a painful, yet firm grip on her heart. Love was something foreign to her. The last few years were cruel even for an Original and that's saying something. She had dished out cruelty to a lot of wrenched creatures. Dead or Alive. It felt very weird for her having such a reaction to the Gold headed vampire. She was indeed beautiful but she was also very elegant.

Elegance was not a word in Estrid's vocabulary. Any given day she would sworn and let plenty of curse words out like water flowing down a waterfall. It was very rare for Estrid to filter her language and she herself found it odd that she hadn't let one foul word slip her mouth in front of the Cullen's or their guests.

Rosalie was a darling. Estrid found great joy in talking to the young vampire. Hearing her story brought her a new perspective of friendship but also admiration. Although Rosalie was beautiful she was much more than a pretty face. Rosalie had been through so much hardship. Especially during the the 1800-1900. Rochester, New York was no easy place to live if you were black or poor. Estrid wanted to go back in time and kill the fucker for assaulting Rosalie.

Rosalie was truly remarkable. Surviving a traumatic event is not easy but fighting back is even harder. Rose reminded her of Freya. Freya Mikaelson was for all intents and purposes badass. Protecting the family where she couldn't. Breaking the status quo and the defining the term love.

Freya was a trailblazer. Found the love of her life within a woman. This would make the bastards she calls parents or more specific Mikael roll and throw a fit in the depths of hell. Keelin made my sister feel alive and little Nik was a little bundle of joy. The small boy was mix of the two.

Estrid would see her family again. Her sisters and brothers are bond by blood. She knew they would forgive her. She would have done the same had it been the opposite way around. Klaus on the other hand would be a bit more theatrical. The dramatic reaction would be of great amusement.

However, Hope and her lovely girlfriend Josie would be lovely to see in person. Josette a siphon witch like her twin Elizabeth both forces to be reckoned with. I wish luck to the poor soles who tried to hurt the lot of them.

Spending time with the Cullens gave Estrid Mikaelson a new perspective of the term family. Humming to herself Estrid was brought our from her thoughts by the very woman she was avoided. Tanya Denali. The Alaskan Coven leader made her nervous. This feeling was somewhat unusual for Estrid. The only other woman she felt nervous for was dead six feet under.

Tanya Denali was taken aback upon seeing Estrid. The power that radiating of her made her thighs shake with a single glance. Tanya was simply enthralled. She knew that Estrid was her mate and blood singer. She just didn't know who to approach Estrid.

Estrid knew she could be quite intimidating. Standing at 6ft 2 with broad powerful shoulders that could literally crush you. She could sense and feel the arousal her mate felt in such a small proximity to her. She'll tease her later.

Breaking the awkward silence Tanya took her chance and spoke to Estrid.

Tanya: Hello, I'm Tanya Denali head of the Alaskan Coven.

Estrid: Hello Ms. Denali. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance. May I help you with something you seem to forget that staring is rude.

Tanya: My apologies but you must for give me I'm simply amazed by you. You're very different while you seem cold hearted your not. You seem to be hurt the most.

Estrid wasn't expecting the woman's voice to sound so soothing to her. The very sound made her undead heart flutter. God she felt like a stupid teenage girl with two girls fighting over her which did happen. Hoping to hear it again she replied:

Estrid: Well Ms. Denali let's us see why did you approach me besides you being intrigued by me?

Tanya: I'm quite taken with you it may not seem like that but it I am. I also would like to get to know you. I want to see what knowledge you know of mates and blood singers.

Estrid: If your asking if I'm your mate then the answer to your question is simple kitten.

Tanya: Do tell me what it is I'm anxious for your answer.

Estrid: *chuckles* The answer to your question is Y-E-S what does that spell my precious kitten. Let me tell you it spells yes. I, Estrid Mikaelson am your mate and Epic love.

Tanya couldn't help but laugh at what Estrid said. She knew she would have her work cut out for her. The older woman was still hurting by what she had no clue. But she had faith in herself.

Tanya: Finally you acknowledge it. I knew the minute I saw you walked in. I wanted you to say it. Now, tell me why you are avoiding me is it something I did wrong?

Estrid: No, your fine (figuratively and literally). I'm just thinking about my family. I was some what anxious in talking to you. I thought I had found the one for me but I didn't now here you are in all your glory in front of me. I'm hurt yes but not broken.

Tanya: I know. You want to know what I think about family?

Estrid: Do tell kitten, do tell.

Tanya: Family may be associated by blood, but I believe family encompasses whole rather than just blood. Friends from all over can become your family. Blood or not families will always be created.

Estrid: Well said darling though I'm in for a long lecture by my kin when I see them soon. Bloody hell I'm going to meet my niece and nephew not to mention the significant others. I'm fucking doomed. The mighty Klaus will try to slaughter to me.

Tanya: I'm sure you'll be fine your the oldest sibling use it as a means of power and authority. If that doesn't work slap them in the heads. It does the trick most times with Kate and Irina.

Estrid: hmmm that explains quite a lot to me. Poor Garrett is probably always getting slapped in the head.

Tanya: You have no idea. Now come inside the others what to know more about your family.

Estrid: Very well, there is for a bloody show get your popcorns and drinks it's going to be spectacular. My siblings should be here soon. I'll start then.

Tanya: Good, but one last thing.

Estrid: What's that?

Tanya: Kiss me Estrid Mikaelson....

To be continued.......

Also who do you want to have a love interest for Rebekah?

As always like and comment so I know you enjoy if I get 50 likes I'll post the next chapter or two 😊👿😏

Smut or no Smut?!