Story Time

There is no greater blessing than a family hand that lifts you from a fall; but there is not lower curse than a family hand that strikes you when you're down.
~Wes Fessler

ETA: 1hr 30 mins

The Mikaelson's cramped into three cars one after the other. All of them on edge. This would be the very first time that they have seen their sisters in over six hundred years.

The only feelings that were being felt was confusion, anxiety and guilt. Four members of said family was confused. Camille, Hayley, Josie and Lizzie were still trying to figure out who the hell Estrid Mikaelson was.

Hayley having enough of the blatant confusion decided to ask why the supposed Mikaelson's was.

Hayley: Sooo am I the only who's wondering who Estrid Mikaelson is?

Lizzie, Josie and Camille all looked up and nodded in acknowledgement of her question. All four girls had questions some of which would be answered and some that would fall on dead ears.

Elijah in the car with Hayley and the girls decided to tell a small story. One that would get him into severe trouble if said sister found out what he was going to say. Lord help him. He will be a dead man well he already is.

*The flashback will be in italics*

Flashback

Elijah: My families origins dates far back to the 11th century. My mother and aunt Dahlia were witches who practiced the art of spells. My oldest sibling was called Estrid. My father was expecting a boy. He couldn't be in the same hut so he stood outside waiting. My mother saw the deformity on my sister first she thought of it as a sign of power and authority. My father did not.

My father believed my sister to be an abomination. He wished he could have slaughtered his first born bit he couldn't. If word got out that he had slain his own child his influence over the vikings in the village would be ruined. He wouldn't be respected.

Present Time

Josie: No offense but your dad's a asshole.

Elijah: Non taken and I agree with you.

Flashback

Elijah: My father would have to by his time. When Estrid was three my mother gave birth to our sister Freya and brother Finn. The twins were brilliant. Freya was my father's greatest joy. Though Dahlia wouldn't let peace be permanent.

Dahlia had gotten word of my mother's first born Estrid. Initially she was supposed to be taken but Dahlia herself was what you kids currently call a Karen. She was a bitch. She took Freya instead. My mother begged her not to take her children. But, her pleas fell on deaf ears. Like the wind Dahlia and vanished.

Mother had to lie to father. She told him that the plague had gotten to Freya. My father was angry he wished it were his abomination of a daughter.  Finn had become a shell. The vibrant young boy became dull and stayed inside with our mother.

I was born next. My father was thrilled. He had his son that he hoped to have molded in his image. He was very wrong. Growing up I witness the things he would do to Estrid. You have heard me say he was cruel but he reserved it for Estrid.