Running Out of Luck

Hailee's P.O.V

"The hell do you mean Niall is back" was the first thing that left my lips. I was confused, and angry at the same time.  I thought when he cheated, and I broke up with him, it would be the last time I'd ever see him after he went back to Ireland. 

Seriously, after everything that has happened, after finally getting close to (y/n), this guy just had to show up. Talk about perfect fucking timing.

 I needed to calm down. For all I knew he was just here for some collab, or I don't know something that had nothing to do with me. As long as I avoid that cheater I'd be fine.

"Haiz, let me worry about Niall, you focus on your girlfriend. I just thought you should know... in case"  Noelle sighed running her hands through her hair. 

I could tell she was also feeling some worry. She knew my relationship with Niall was a rough one. True, I thought he actually loved me and all that lovey dovey stuff, but turns out that wasn't the case. He cheated on me, and it left me heartbroken. It took me a while to get over him. Noelle was the one who was there for it all. All 7 stages of grief. The consistent late night drive to get food and ice cream and watching movies. All to forget about him.

But that's different now. I don't give a flying fuck about him. After I wrote my song wrong direction I felt fully healed, and ready to move on. Now I have (y/n) to think about. She's the only one I want to focus on. She was—is the only person I ever really cared for. The one that held a special place in my heart, I didn't realize until I saw her again. I just hope he doesn't ruin anything that I had build.

"Thanks for letting me know. It's just..."

"What?" Noelle cocked a brow walking towards my bed. She sat down on the edge looking at me. Her eyes were confused.

"Something in my gut is telling me this wasn't some coincidence. I just have a really bad feeling" I shook my head.

"I'll keep an eye on his fan page and see what he does."

"Thanks. Means a lot." I gave her a small smile. Just once I want one thing in my life to go right.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •

I woke up early the next morning trying to forget about what Noelle had told me last night. Like I said before, the only person I'm focused on is (y/n) and helping her achieve her dreams. No matter what. That's why, as I look at my reflection through the hang out studio window I couldn't stop thinking about (y/n), and what she said when she thought I was sleeping.

I liked my hair parted, and the glasses added a special touch to my Emily disguise. Or maybe it was that (y/n) like my hair this way, that made me want to keep doing. True I liked my comb over. It was simple and I could do it while I was in a rush, sometimes I had my hair up in a ponytail. But I had gotten use to simply waking up, showering, and leaving my hair as is. Naturally loose and wavy.

 I gave myself one final look, putting on that million dollar smile and walked into the studio.

"Good afternoon Ladies" I yelled out causing heads to turn. Everyone was huddled together by (y/n)'s desk talking about something. When they saw me, they were quick to greet me. Though I felt dagger like gazes from both Selena and Ariana. Zendaya was a cheerful as ever, but those two gave me the chills.