Who Do You Love?

Narrator's P.O.V

Walking down the streets Hailee has become all too familiar with, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about everything that her friend had said. Her only objective at the time was helping y/n reach her dream. She didn't know when y/n became her only priority. Falling for her, and wanting to spend more time with her.

Hailee knew Noelle was right. She knew she had to put a stop to this before it was too late. Thats why she had to make an excuse to leave Emily behind. It was the only way after all. There was no in between, no other way around it. Emily needed to step back from the spot light. Hailee needed to show y/n that she was more than what y/n thought she was. That Hailee can be just as kind and caring.

"Hey y/n what are you working on?" Emily happily said, walking up towards the young girl who was playing the guitar. Y/n was quick to look at her friend at the sound of her favorite voice. Strumming the guitar softly, y/n took a deep breath.

"oh I- uh, im writing a new song. Do you want to... maybe hear it?" y/n said shyly shifting her gaze onto the ground. Y/n was starting to feel nervous, but happy altogether. Emily nodded her head setting her things down and sitting next to her friend. Getting into a comfortable position, y/n began to strum the guitar softly, trying to avoid eye contact. She knew once she looked into her eyes she will be lost in them, and probably do something she's been craving ever since the first time.

Hailee listened to ever word that y/n sung. She knew full well who this song was about, and all though it made her feel happy, it only made her feel more guilty.

Zendaya and Ariana were talking about how the song and who it might be about, thinking that it would be about Emily, while Selena just stayed quiet. She didn't want to show her emotions. She wasn't the type. But deep down, she felt this feel she could on describe as jealousy.

Hailee just swallowed thickly, trying to process everything. She had to stay strong and not give in. She had to make this right, no matter. Her new plan, make y/n fall in love with her, as hailee. But she knew she had to do it in a way that wouldn't break y/n heart.

"I have a few other songs I've been working on, but this one has been stuck in my head. All these thoughts and feelings. I just had to put them into a song" y/n finally broke the silence. It was easy for her to write songs based of her thoughts. Sometime the songs would be nice with sweet lyrics, while other times her songs came from a dark place. Thats why, y/n liked it when she thought about Emily. She liked the songs she was able to write just for her, inspired by her. Songs she knew held a special place in her heart.

"Wow y/n I didn't think you were good at writing sappy love songs. normally your songs are based off of random scenarios" Zendaya chipped in.

"Yeah, it was weird at first but... I don't know, my fingers were moving on their own, and next thing I know words were just flowing out of my mouth like I've sung this song a thousand times" Y/n let out a soft laugh.

She didn't write songs about love, mainly because she never experienced it. She had never been in a relationship. She was always scared of letting people into her life, scared that if they find out how bad her life really was, they wouldn't want to stay. She would rather by alone, then have someone enter her life just to leave because they couldn't bare the thought of being with someone so fucked up.

There were many people who attempted to try to talk or make a move on the young girl, but she would always reject them. Ariana and Zendaya had always told y/n to give someone a chance, cause she would never know. But how could she give someone a chance when she didn't feel comfortable around them. She hated people and felt as thought her anti-social tendencies played a big part in that. When in reality she was just waiting for someone like... Emily.