Over The Hill

Hailee's P.O.V

The sounds of loud chit chatter and the wheels of suitcases squeaking throughout the polished airport floors brought back so much nostalgia. I haven't been to New York in a while, and I was eager to get back to the east coast. But that wasn't what had me giddy. It was getting to spend time with y/n just the two of us. True she was going for work, and I was just tagging along for the ride, but nothing will keep me from showing y/n a good time.

I look at my phone making sure I have everything ready. From our boarding passes to figuring out what terminal we are taking and everything in between and after. I made sure to study it thoroughly. Last thing I wanted was to worry y/n about her schedule.

"Okay babe, our gate is..." I lifted my head looking around, y/n not beside me. When I turn around I see a group of excited fans surrounding her, asking her for pictures and autographs. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight. It was cute how she was trying hard to get to everyone, even if she was a bit nervous. It wasn't long before the fans also spotted me and came rushing to my side.

I smiled again seeing y/n's apologetic look, but I waved her off. Keeping my attention on y/n, and making sure she wasn't getting uncomfortable. Physical touch with strangers was something she wasn't yet use to, and I could tell she was trying really hard not to get tense or flinch away. She had gotten better, and had been practicing. Especially since she had her first ever meet and greet after she was done with her performance. She told me she wanted to not be scared anymore, and wanted to get close to people. I was proud of her, but I was still worried.

After a few minutes, y/n made her way towards me and took my hand pulling me close, almost using me as a shield.

"Can we leave, please" She whispered in my ear. "Im starting to get overwhelmed"

"Of course" I nodded, pulling her away from the fans. We wave goodbye and our security team made sure to be between us and the crowd.

Y/n was wearing her shades so I couldn't see her eyes, but I could tell she had them tightly shut. Her breathing came out shaky, but she was trying to calm her breathing. I squeezed her hand a few times, letting her know I was right by her side until we were seated in the plane.

"You okay, love" I ask her. She dropped her headphones down to her neck, brushing her hair back.

"Yeah, I think so." She nodded. "I'm sorry, I took you away from your fans" She apologized.

"Don't be. You're the only one I care about." I tell her. She gave me a smile. I push through the sound of my heart pounding in my ears. I push past the sheen of moisture developing on my palms. I drown out her name, which I keep wanting to repeat out loud, over and over. I push it all down and hold her stare while I ask her if she'd like to do something when we land. I keep it all pushed away and make room for her response, because it's the only thing I want.

I want that nod that she does. The one that doesn't require words? A nod where she tilts her head, gives a half smile keeping her eyes soft.

I get a kiss on the lips.

I get the nod.

"We can do whatever you want" she says.

"Great, we can drop off our things at my apartment and see what we're in the mood for" I say. I pull out my phone and start looking at my list I made of the things I wanted to do with y/n.

I see y/n let out a yawn, covering her mouth slightly with her hand.

"Go to sleep, babe. It's a 5hr trip. I'll wake you before we land" I tell her, placing her headphone back onto her head. "We'll talk when its not too morning" I tell her knowing full well she isn't a morning person. And it was only 5 in the morning.