Chapter 148: that summer

Watching children wearing shoes with bare toes, watching children younger than them, working in the field on a hot day. Think about the clothes and shoes they throw in the trash because they don't like it, and think about the life where they have a babysitter for their meals. Such a strong contrast made these children in the city who were holding the golden spoon making noises at a loss for a while. The mind was strongly shocked.

Under the leadership of the big sister, the children from the city, although they are not in tune with this small village, they are slowly integrating into the life here. By nature, even with different life backgrounds, children are children after all. The children in the village learn about the outside world through the children in the city. The children in the city envy the free life of the children in the village to go up to the mountains to shoot birds and fish in the river. Soon, the children mingle.

The standard of living in the village where Ye Qingyu lives is average. But the whole family are simple farmers. There are three children in the family, a twelve-year-old girl, and two younger brothers, ten and six years old. Although the life is very difficult, but the ancestors have come here for generations. So the family didn't realize what was wrong with their lives.

Day after day, year after year, we planted seeds and harvested according to the season in our own acres. Ye Qingyu and all his friends participated in the work here. Although the corn seedlings were plucked out as grass, and although blisters were formed on her hands and feet, she also fell in love with the life here.

Ye Qingyu felt that he had left that repressive home, and such a day was very comfortable. It's just that the good times didn't last long, and there was an accident in the ordinary days.

In this hot summer, there are many rainy days. Every time it rains, there is lightning and thunder, and to make matters worse, there are strong winds. Every time it rains, the villagers are busy packing up everything that is afraid of rain. They have to go to the threshing floor to put the dried grain into bags and transport them home. They have to cover the firewood and haystacks with plastic sheets. Put the clothes, tools, saucepans, and baskets from the yard into the house, and drive the animals back to the shack.

Such a thing must be done every time it rains on a cloudy day. It’s okay to have plenty of time before it rains, and the most fearful thing is thunderstorms. This was not yet cleaned up, and the big raindrops began to smash down. What makes the villagers more embarrassed is that it rains at night, the road is dark, the road is slippery, and they have to get up to pack their things.

It was that night, around eleven o'clock in the night, when a violent wind blew, lightning and thunder. Everyone in the village greeted them, saying it was going to rain, get up and pack their things. Although it was not a thunderstorm this time, there was not much time for the village name to prepare. Soon the heavy rain fell, and the villagers went to the threshing ground to pack their things under the scarlet lightning and thunder rang above their heads.

Ye Qingyu and the three children cleaned the yard at home, and the only flashlight in the family was taken by the adults in the family to the Shai Valley Farm. There was a power outage at home because of thunder and lightning, and the children packed up in the dark. Light the candles and the three children are waiting for the return of their families.

Unfortunately, what they were waiting for was news that the child's father and three villagers were struck to death by lightning.

Early the next morning, the person in charge of the summer camp returned with all the children in the city. Ye Qingyu returned home in a muddle-headed manner. At that time, she was very scared, with many questions circling in her mind. Didn’t it mean that all the people who were struck by thunder were bad guys? Why would someone like Uncle Wang be struck by lightning? She didn't ask anyone this question.

As he got older, Ye Qingyu understood. Although she didn't see the situation with her own eyes, she was still afraid of rainy nights with thunder and flashes. Because of that destructive power, several families were destroyed at once. Later, when she was able, she continued to support her playmate at the time, but she never returned to the small mountain village.

Ye Qingyu sighed in her heart. In her previous life, before she went abroad, the third siblings who had gone to the fields with her to touch the loach with her had already married and had children of their own. In that small mountain village, as the villagers went out to work, great changes have taken place, and everything has long since been wrong. But she changed the world, changed her body, it turned out that she was still afraid of thunderstorm night.

Ye Qingyu knew such a problem, she had to overcome it. To be honest, she is not afraid of thunder during the day, she is afraid of the night when wind and rain are combined with lightning and thunder. She knew it was her psychological problem. Everything is over, in a thunderstorm, avoid tall trees and buildings, don’t approach the water, don’t run in the rain, don’t stay beside metal objects...

Ye Qingyu silently read the various precautions for lightning protection during thunderstorms, and while thinking about taking safety measures, there will be no accidents. What else is she afraid of? Also, she was only mentally outside, and she was still in the room. Ye Qingyu is doing psychological construction for herself and wants to overcome psychological obstacles.

The fox suddenly yelled, "Enemy attack!"

After hearing the sound, the people in the room immediately tensed from their idle state. Ye Qingyu also opened his eyes and sat up.

The fox said with a serious expression: "There are mutant crabs starting to gather and come ashore from the river, and the fourth-level mutant water plants have energy fluctuations."

After hearing this, Shen Ye nodded and said, "Eagle, go and inform everyone to prepare for battle."

Shen Ye was not worried about the mutant fish and shrimps in the river, he was worried about the fourth-level mutant aquatic plants.

Ye Qingyu gritted his teeth fiercely, closed his eyes, and released his mental power. There was a creak of lightning and thunder outside, and she felt that she was standing under the thunder and lightning. Ye Qingyu's mental strength covered the corridor outside with fierce strength. He didn't take a step forward and didn't step back.

Ye Qingyu didn't listen to everyone's discussion, all her mind was outside. Time passed quickly, and the people in the room only talked a few words, but Ye Qingyu felt as if several centuries had passed.

Shen Ye looked at Ye Qingyu, who was pale but closed his eyes, and was taken aback. He knew that the little girl was afraid of thunder, but he was so afraid.

Shen Ye grabbed Ye Qingyu's hand and whispered, "Little Feather?"

Ye Qingyu opened his eyes and looked at Shen Ye who was concerned about her. He felt warm and smiled, "A Ye, I'm fine."

"Well, later, you are in the room, and I will keep those who can't fight, you take care of them."

Seeing Ye Qingyu who was hesitant to speak, Shen Ye continued: "Be obedient, this is the task. The people who are left are all incompetent. You must be careful of the sneak attack of the fourth-level mutant water plants."

Ye Qingyu knows that the branches and leaves of the mutant aquatic plants can extend indefinitely, and the number of branches is huge, so you really need to be careful. Ye Qingyu nodded and accepted the task.

Ye Qingyu's mental power was always under the eaves. Although her face was pale, she did not retreat to her mental power because of the thunder and lightning. It's already raining outside.