27

I didn't always hold grudges. With parents like Callahan and Colleen, you learn to take love where you can find it and ignore everything else.

I don't know how long we sat on that floor but, for as long as I cried, Fallon told me he was sorry. He loved me. He would never hurt me again and eventually I believed him.

"I love you," I said with a pout, as Fallon held me close, kissing my cheek.

"I love you," he hummed, pulling away to examine what I'm sure was a blotchy face. "I hate when you cry," Fallon told me.

"Then don't make me cry," I mumbled, feeling embarrassed and small.

We sat beside each other on the edge of his bed, unable to look Fallon in the eyes as I quietly held his hand.

"What now?" I wondered, unsure where we went from there.

"Whatever you want." He spoke in a hushed tone. "We can start over, we can start from here, we can pretend we've been together since the day we met. Whatever you want to do, I'll do it because I can't think straight when it comes to you, so I'm going to let you run point."

I took a moment to think about what I wanted. I didn't want to start over but I couldn't pretend anymore. I told him I wanted to start from that moment. I wanted to go on a date. I wanted him to hold my hand. I wanted him to walk me to my door and kiss me goodnight.

"Wait... you're still making me sleep in King's room?" he asked.

"I'm not making you. The couch is always an option," I said, climbing onto the bed to look outside the window.

It was coming down heavy so I decided to braid back my hair before we went out to eat. I wanted burgers.

"I like your hair down," Fallon told me.

"And I would like your hair short, but we can't always get what we want. Besides, my hair doesn't do well with humidity," I said, sitting in his swivel chair to braid back my hair.

"If it's that big of a deal we could just watch a movie here and order food," Fallon suggested leaning back on his bed.

I thought about it for a moment. I'm not a fan of the rain and so I agreed, unraveling my braid and reminding my new boyfriend I was still angry with him.

"But you still love me, right?" Fallon asked with a hopeful smile.

"I'll always love you." I smiled back, leaning down for a kiss.

It felt strange. Pulling away, I looked at Fallon skeptically.

"What?" He smiled, pulling me onto his lap.

"Every time we kiss, something terrible happens," I mumbled, waiting for the left shoe to drop.

He laughed slightly, promising no more drama as we crawled onto the bed.

"You swear?" I pouted as he kissed me softly.

"I swear," he said, drawing me in.

We wrapped our arms around each other, our kisses deepening as I was hit with a rush of longing. I tugged Fallon on top of me but it didn't feel close enough, I lifted off my top before peeling off his shirt wanting to feel his skin on mine again.

"I love you," I sighed as Fallon kissed my neck.

"I love you too, baby," he said, hovering over me as if waiting for direction.

I thought it was strange until I remembered Fallon wanted me to run point. I caressed by hand over my exposed cleavage and requested he kiss me there, Fallon doing as asked without hesitation.